Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all those on wondering about video card purchases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those on wondering about video card purchases....

IMO we all should wait until at the very latest Dec 1. Heres why.

1.Yes We all know that 8800 gt runs great, but the 3800 is just around the corner. Plus Nvidia is supposely pushing out a new improve gts.

2. Wait for prices drops. With all this competition on cards coming out, most cards will be well under $300(not sure what the current international exchange rate, you guys overseas gotta figure that out for yourself.

I just sent out my gts to newegg.com to get my refund, and I was planning on a gt. But I figure I can run ut3 with my current 1950xt until the benchmarks come out with the new cards.

Just an opinion.....

well im getting a 6800 for free (its a spare) to replace my current 5900XT and ill probly get a 7800 or something like that in mid december or something like that hopefully

Comment

New cards coming out just means the 8800GT I want will be cheaper o/

Comment

any idea when the new cards will come out? I'd love to see some price drops

Comment

Weren't they being released on 15 November?

Comment

some interesting benchmarks

Comment

8800GT cheaper soon? $50 FTW

Comment

The new 8800GTS has beaten the 8800GT in Crysis. Don't know by how much though.

Comment

We already have 1,324,425 threads on hardware. Do we REALLY need this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Conroy View Post
                    The new 8800GTS has beaten the 8800GT in Crysis. Don't know by how much though.
                    This is the first I've heard of anyone actually seeing a NEW 8800gts in action. Where did you get this information? I don't think the new G92 8800gts is even made yet.

Comment

man the 8800GT owns

Comment

Lets just hold on!!

This is getting way out of hand. I have been a loyal UT player for, well lets say since the original GOTY, and the oldtimers will know what that is. All the talk about FPS and core clock, shader clock, memory clock is just going over the top. Everyone wants the best but by the time you have it shipped to your house and installed in your confuser it is out of date, and besides that what do we play it on? DLP or HD? 1080I or 1080P? Lets remember that it is a game, a wonderful game!! Lets go by the system requirements set up by Epic or whoever sets those up and go from there and enjoy the game. Does it really matter if your FPS is 20 when you run over someone with a manta and that person has a FPS of 85 and a $4000. Alienware?
                        Enjoy the game.

Comment

Even tho Alienware computers are really good and last a lot of time, you can build ur computer for cheaper price.....i don't know what does Alienware do to make them last much time with the same performance. I was going to buy a laptop but i didn't have 3Grand so I'm trying now to build a desktop. L8r ill try and buy the Alienware laptop, and people with 60fps will have better control over the game than those who have 25fps or less

Comment

Originally posted by THORB4 View Post
                            This is getting way out of hand. I have been a loyal UT player for, well lets say since the original GOTY, and the oldtimers will know what that is. All the talk about FPS and core clock, shader clock, memory clock is just going over the top. Everyone wants the best but by the time you have it shipped to your house and installed in your confuser it is out of date, and besides that what do we play it on? DLP or HD? 1080I or 1080P? Lets remember that it is a game, a wonderful game!! Lets go by the system requirements set up by Epic or whoever sets those up and go from there and enjoy the game. Does it really matter if your FPS is 20 when you run over someone with a manta and that person has a FPS of 85 and a $4000. Alienware?
                            Enjoy the game.
                            Pfft, nothing is getting out of hand. What a terrible argument. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to experience the game at its BEST. I'm sure that's what Epic would want to, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so much time adding this much detail to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NFX View Post
                              Pfft, nothing is getting out of hand. What a terrible argument. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to experience the game at its BEST. I'm sure that's what Epic would want to, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so much time adding this much detail to the game.
                              BTW it is only a point of view, there isn't anyone arguing here.

Comment

Working...
                              X