No announcement yet.

Is Epic going to suprise us ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be like for other games, a patch will be avaible when the game will be in stores.
    It's the new business model since 2 years ...
    I'm sure that EPIC takes care of our opinion, but business is business, the game must be out this year to counter Crysis, ETQW, COD4 and so more ...

Comment

...and forced third person perspective for everything. Did that happen here? No.
      Cough*Vehicles*cough. (not a major concern of mine, but you did bring up the forced 3rd person issue)

Its the silence about the issues rather than the actual problems that are making people jumpy about the final game's quality.

Personally speaking if the game is not improved from the demo i will sit it out certainly until its been patched. Game play on the whole is good but there are few of major issues for me right now.

Bad collision detection - Its far too easy to get stuck in the map geometry on Suspense. I'm not a DM player so can't really speak about the other two maps.

Balance - Stinger primary.

U.I - Server browser is a bad joke.

Lack of in game options and poor stats info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
        ...the only dramatic thing that got cut from the German version are post-mortem effects, i.e ragdolling and gibbing.
        According to Jeff Morris ragdolling is still in.

Comment

If the german version can't gib, how do you know the difference between a corpse and a feigned guy?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            If the german version can't gib, how do you know the difference between a corpse and a feigned guy?
            A feigned guy has a weapon in his hand while lying on the floor, the dead person drops his weapon instead.

Comment

I hope there r spider mines like in UT2004 they are awesome and great for defense

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                A feigned guy has a weapon in his hand while lying on the floor, the dead person drops his weapon instead.
                Switch to the enforcer and make certain your weapon arm is under your body, you can make sure it happens every time if you move the right way before feigning, forgot which way though.

Comment

There will be Spider mines though thankfully nothing like 2k4 as you cant randomly spam them around the map any more or use them as a substitute for a real gun. From info available they can only be deployed via the Nightshade and possibly the Stealthbender. (if its in the multi player)

Comment

My favorite memory of feign death was in a game of CTF-November in UT99. A guy tried to feign death near my team's flag while wearing the shield belt! Needless to say, I dispatched him.

Comment

Somebody who is THINKING

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                      This UI whining has totally got out of hand. Sure that UI is a bit unintuitive and clumsy, but so what? It takes you one minute more to set your setting for the first time, and after that one click more to get into a server or quit the game? Stop for a second and think. How much impact does that have on overall enjoyment of the game? Almost zero. And you'll get used to those menus and navigate them faster. The server browser is a complete different thing and is quite broken, but it will get fixed for the retail. That's for sure.

Apart from the eye height issue which is kind of a nuisance at times and some easily fixable bugs, this game is simply awesome. When I first played the demo after all those previews stating it's the best UT of all time, I was a bit dissapointed or unsure, but after playing it more and really getting used to it, I agree. It's great. Maybe not as good as UT2k4 for 1on1, but for every other purpose, this game slays!

The bugs will be ironed out, if not for the retail, then the first patch. The core gameplay is simply the best multiplayer FPS I have played in ages. Serisouly, what do you chronic complainers need to be happy? You are the kind of people who would complain about the wrong color of interior, if you would be handed a brand new Ferrari. I think UT3 is going to be as good as it realistically can be. I haven't felt this anxious over any game's release since the original UT99.

Edit :

And this "dumbing down for consoles" is another thing that just isn't so. UT3 is so clearly a PC game that I wonder how it will do on consoles and console controllers. The only consolish things here a the menu and high flak arc, which may get fixed. If this game would be really dumbed down for consoles, we would see totally nerfed Z-Axis and level floors (think of DM-Osiris in ut2k4), slowed down movement, autoaim and forced third person perspective for everything. Did that happen here? No.
                      FINALLY! somebody who THINKS. has anybody noticed the new menu system is EASIER to navigate and is more simple. and think: in the full version of UT 3 you will probably have all your flashy "anti aliasing" and "turn voice chat off"'s anyway, so why spend forums space complaining about a UI?

Comment

Working...
                      X