Is Epic going to suprise us ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Epic going to suprise us ?

The Game comes out in 1 weak for Germany and 2 weeks for USA and IMO it became very quite around UT3

I mean:

- where are the Infos about the missing Necris vehicles ?

- what do I have for possebilities to get spidermines without a Nightshade ?

- did they fix the problems of the beta demo ?

- have they balanced the vehicles and weapons well (espacially Flak, Stinger
    the Goliath and the Hellbender) ?

- did they change the Menu/ Server Browser ?

- what about the mouse input ? My aim was never so bad in a FPS not even on a console

- are we going to get more friendly video settings for lower PCs in order to get
    an acceptable framerate ? I would be happy if I wont get under 50 fps
    with settings , which make the game look like UT2k4 on highest settings ^^

- in which way does feign death in the german version work ? and what about
    the dead corpses ?

you see there are a lot of questions... and not many anwsers
    I don't want to have an unfinished game. I want to have an enjoyable game with the best things of the Unreal series. Plz, dont make the same mistake like EA by selling crappy games, which need tons of patches.

So where are the infos ?
    Do I have to find it out on my own by buying the game ?

For example: a couple of months before Ut2004 was released we knew about all weapons and vehicles. But know, such a short time before the release of UT3 we have no clue about the unknown things, which are in the game and no clue about the way they made the known things.

At the moment we don't get a second demo, because it has a "low priority", but it would give me anwsers for some of my questions above.

why do you think it's called a surprise? they have probably changed things. but that's just a guess, all we can do is guess here people. and btw, i actually like it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
      - in which way does feign death in the german version work ? and what about the dead corpses ?
      It just does. Apparently the only dramatic thing that got cut from the German version are post-mortem effects, i.e ragdolling and gibbing. Feign Death is just operational, the only thing you can't do is smash up an already dead player corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
        why do you think it's called a surprise?
        Because we don't get any feedback of our feedback and I don't want to get a bad suprise, when I have bought the game. I just want to be informed, because I'm now more careful with buying games, after I got so disappointed by Splinter Cell Double Agent.

You know what Lenin said ?
        "Trust is good, control is better."

Comment

Whats the date for germany, isnt it the 22nd ?

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
            Whats the date for germany, isnt it the 22nd ?
            It's the 12th of November

Comment

I guess the real question is how long does it take to manufacture retail packaging? We got the demo mid-late October... they are releasing it a month later.. They would have to make changes, run it through QA for the new features, plus regression test some stuff to ensure they didn't break something else, and finalize the changes... Plus still make the release date with thousands of copies of the game.

I think it's safe to say all of the bugs in the demo will be there and we will be receiving a patch about a week after the game is released to address all the demo bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe View Post
                I guess the real question is how long does it take to manufacture retail packaging? We got the demo mid-late October... they are releasing it a month later.. They would have to make changes, run it through QA for the new features, plus regression test some stuff to ensure they didn't break something else, and finalize the changes... Plus still make the release date with thousands of copies of the game.

I think it's safe to say all of the bugs in the demo will be there and we will be receiving a patch about a week after the game is released to address all the demo bugs.
                You're forgetting the demo is also a beta. Of course they will have fixed a lot of the demo bugs.

Comment

Well apparently they decided that with telling nothing to us is going to get them more sales than telling us what they changed/improved. Bad sign... bad sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
                    It's the 12th of November
                    oh ! lol Ive never heard that officially

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                      oh ! lol Ive never heard that officially
                      Ebgames here in the states has is releasing on nov.19th

Comment

Most stores in Sweden seem to agree on 22:th, but no one is certain, and most of them haven't heard of a collectors edition... :\

Comment

Originally posted by coldplasmid View Post
                          You're forgetting the demo is also a beta. Of course they will have fixed a lot of the demo bugs.
                          Well no I'm aware of the bugs they might have fixed from the demo using internal QA. But I'm saying that they didn't really have time to address the bugs that public players posted on the forums.. it's a beta demo which means that it was probably made a few months before it was released.. So they may have fixed a lot of the bugs since the demo, but I'm saying the ones that people found and posted on the forums won't all be fixed directly from these findings.. they will be addressed in a patch. Tho there is probably many of the same ones that they also found themselves because they are so easy to reproduce.

Comment

i think what kewl said is right. this is a BETA DEMO. i doubt it is the most recent version, they just put it together as a teaser to show the basics of the game. it's a stripped down demo. they're just trying to give us something to play around with so we will be familiar with the new concepts in UT3 and many people can decide if they don't want to purchase the new game because they don't enjoy the gameplay.

i must say i'm glad that i didn't get it the demo immediately when it came out and i found out about it a week or so later because now, even though i really want the game, it won't be as a long a wait though i'm a bit annoyed by how they released the demo a month before the game is released because (to contradict my first point somewhat) it is cruel to give us only three maps to play with and we have to wait a month for the rest. i've only had the game for a few weeks and i'm dying for more maps. i was playing nonstop the first week i got it but it's slowed down since.

Comment

Epic is going to surprise us all right. With the "New and improved Unreal Tournament 2008 version" - coming winter 2008. "Community inspired menu system, brand new server browser and game play changes."

I hate consoles.

Comment

Working...
                              X