Can we keep our accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insidiae View Post
    I'd rather get rid of all that account nonsense, and why is it so important to keep the account you have right now? simply make a new one again and it's not like you payed for the account you're now holding...

and yes I do realise if someone beats you with the nickname than that's just bad luck, live with it.
    If someone "beat" you to a nickname during the beta then that's just bad luck. Live with it.

By the way, nothing will happen to the existing accounts and usernames. Sorry to burst your bubble if you thought otherwise.

Comment

I know its stupid but i play ut new and i want to ask
      is the account for online-playing free and how do i get it
      sorry

Comment

Originally posted by the reaper View Post
        sorry
        There are no costs associated with registering an online username. You can register from the main menu upon startup.

Comment

Originally posted by the reaper View Post
          sorry
          Use in-game menu to register yourself a new account and yes - it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
            Big fan of the word "screw", I see.
            Had it replace several other words that better conveyed my disgust of the current login implementation, but decided it was best to try and remain at least a little bit civil.

My choice of words doesn't change the facts though, that it doesn't matter whether or not they reset the names, as long as they keep this system, a lot of people are going to be very ****** off. Too bad that these people won't start opening their mouth till after the game is released.

Comment

thanks man
              its free cool
              best game of the world UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                Big fan of the word "screw", I see.
                Better that than the word I was thinking of..

Comment

Originally posted by NEUROMANCER View Post
                  If someone "beat" you to a nickname during the beta then that's just bad luck. Live with it.

By the way, nothing will happen to the existing accounts and usernames. Sorry to burst your bubble if you thought otherwise.
                  you didn't read my comment did you ? I already said one should live with it if they couldn't get the account name they wanted.

Comment

It's not a UT3 account, it's a gamespy account.
                    So they wont be deleted.
                    I do hope we can use existing gamespy accounts though, so I can use my proper nick instead of my current silly temporary one.

Comment

would be nice to get the name 'skill' for ut3, cause it was taken by the time i could run the beta. But i guess it doesn't matter much to me, cause I'll be playing on ps3.

Comment

do you people realise that these are just gamespyID's? i used my fileplanet login to login to the game, so if you want you can just register your name at gamespy. i also think you can actualy change your nick trough there...

Comment

The problem is you can't seem to log into the demo with previously created gamespy/fileplanet accounts. They had to be made just for the demo.
                          I assume these accounts will work in the full game.
                          It sux for people who havn't already got a gamespy account as their account is highly likely to be taken.

Comment

Working...
                          X