Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we keep our accounts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can we keep our accounts?

    Will we be able to keep our accounts that we set up for beta in the final game? Or will they get deleted and we'l have to make new ones?

    The main reason I ask is that I was able to grab the name I wanted, and since I'll have to wait a day or two after the game is released to actually get my copy, chances are it would be taken by then.

    #2
    I would think you can still use the same log in details. But maybe epic could let us know for sure?

    Comment


      #3
      I'd like to know the answer to this too. It would be ideal on launch to just install and login with my existing account.

      Comment


        #4
        It would screw people that were not able to launch the beta do to specific problems it had (not talking about insufficient hardware or anything), and actually, everybody not wanting to 'risk' a beta should not be screwed by not getting an equal shot at their own nickname.

        On the other hand, will the nickname database be continental (screwing all of europe except for germany) or global (screwing everyone except for germany) if it is reset?

        Whatever happens, no good will come from it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sero View Post
          Whatever happens, no good will come from it.
          truth. DEATH TO GAMESPY

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Sero View Post
            It would screw people that were not able to launch the beta do to specific problems it had (not talking about insufficient hardware or anything), and actually, everybody not wanting to 'risk' a beta should not be screwed by not getting an equal shot at their own nickname.

            On the other hand, will the nickname database be continental (screwing all of europe except for germany) or global (screwing everyone except for germany) if it is reset?

            Whatever happens, no good will come from it.
            Big fan of the word "screw", I see.

            Comment


              #7
              I'll be selling playernames for $100 each

              Comment


                #8
                I hope they do keep them. People would only be *****ing about stolen nicks from the present statleaders and others...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by scribly View Post
                  I'll be selling playernames for $100 each
                  WOW!! thats expensive I just bought 5 reserved player names for $3.95 each at GoodWill.com ( they were used but who cares lol )

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'd be pretty ****** if they decide to hose all user accounts that were created during the demo. If anything they should thank those of us who were willing to test out a beta for them, letting us keep our accounts is a very small price to pay.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
                      I'd like to know the answer to this too. It would be ideal on launch to just install and login with my existing account.
                      same here

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'd rather get rid of all that account nonsense, and why is it so important to keep the account you have right now? simply make a new one again and it's not like you payed for the account you're now holding...

                        and yes I do realise if someone beats you with the nickname than that's just bad luck, live with it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Well it seems you can reg an infinite number of nicks in the demo, if retail is the same some ******* could register a couple of hundreds of nicks and sit on em all.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            If they are going to keep to the registered nickname thing, then I would vastly prefer to be able to transfer my demo account to the full version. Kinda seems silly that we wouldnt be able to do that either... what would be the point of registering in the first place then?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Donker View Post
                              Will we be able to keep our accounts that we set up for beta in the final game? Or will they get deleted and we'l have to make new ones?

                              The main reason I ask is that I was able to grab the name I wanted, and since I'll have to wait a day or two after the game is released to actually get my copy, chances are it would be taken by then.
                              Not too many people waiting to take "Donker" I hope :P

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X