Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alt + Tab works fine for me..

Comment

when you go back to the game your res and details change - if you have blur/bloom off it will come back on as you go back to game in window mode and when you change it to full game returns to higher details - bloody annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
        Rubbish .
        na its true.

Comment

I never use Alt-Tab, Winkey+D is far more handy for me.

Comment

New? I've been using ctrl + esc forever.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              Ctrl + Esc = "windows button" might as well use that instead, or Alt + Tab.
              Bingo !!!

Comment

And it was like that since Win98 if not 95. I remember I used it at my friends PC which had an old DIN keyboard w/out the Windows key (anyone even remembers these?).

Comment

Lately I've noticed a few games DISABLING ALT/TAB which is something they should never do (bad coding practice on windows which I thought was stopped years ago)... at times like that it's good to have an 'alternative'

but no, it's not 'new' - all that is happening here is it's like pressing the 'windows' key which SHOULD be disabled because it's far easier to give that a hit accidently.

CTRl/ESCAPE has always done that, it's not the 'correct' way or the 'wrong' way just different, (but Alt/Tab is the 'correct' way to switch between programs and not just bring up the desktop) but works fine in most full screen games cases, it's just a message to pop up the start menu but if a game disables Alt/Tab then it's always worth a shot.

Me I prefer Alt/Tab and especially on Vista (ok the 3D flip version with an extra key or whatever) having said that i've recently disabled all the aero stuff to get crysis running as fast as possible

and for the record, in over ten years of PC gaming i've never once hit ALT/TAB accidently, I must be special

Comment

My apologies guys, I meant that ctrl+ esc works like the windows key. My windows key doesn't work in UT3, nor does alt tab. I don't know why this is. So I was very happy to see that I can use ctrl + esc. windows key and alt tab works in all my other games. just not UT3.

Comment

i don't use alt + tab in games anymore. i just run everything in windowed mode because i like to multi-task.

i'm playing UT3, posting on these forums and using iTunes simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmitt View Post
                        i don't use alt + tab in games anymore. i just run everything in windowed mode because i like to multi-task.

I got 4 screens, I run em all fullscreen on one monitor each.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmitt View Post

Which can be achieved from a fullscreen game usually by pressing ALT+ENTER

Comment

Just to bring some useless information...

Ctrl+Esc was used by M$ in windows (my 1st windows was the 3.1) to bring on the Task Manager (now acessible by Ctrl+Alt+Del > Task Manager button).

In Windows 95 they changed it to call the Start Button (it appeared 1st in windows 95) and, later, the keyboards started to come with that Windows key (I want a Linux Key).

The Ctrl+Esc remained for compatibility purposes and somewhere between win98 and windows XP they changed its function.

Comment

Working...
                            X