The New Alt Tab!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Alt Tab!!!

SWEET!!!, While furiously smashing buttons to get the game to work I found out that Ctrl+Esc is how you alt tab the game in vista 32 bit. Just posting this in case someone else was wondering also

Why'd M$ have to go and toss the time-honoured alt-tab? That's like takin' away the three-fingered salute (ctrl+alt+delete)!

Comment

Ya, I've been using ctr/alt/del to window the game by opening the task manager. Pretty happy with the find.

Comment

CTRL + ESC ?

Nonsensical much? ALT + TAB is just fine.

Comment

they probably changed it because alt and tab are to close together, and it happens to often that you press them accidentially (especially during gaming lol). crtl and esc have a bigger distances and is also easy to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
            they probably changed it because alt and tab are to close together, and it happens to often that you press them accidentially (especially during gaming lol). crtl and esc have a bigger distances and is also easy to remember
            I want to see your keyboard layout... I've never once accidentally hit alt+tab (whilst gaming intensly or otherwise), and doubt I ever will. It also makes since when you think about the Tab key's usual function, as well of that of the Alt key. Ctrl+Esc sounds like you want to negatively close a program, which I guess can be interpreted as making said program lose focus.

Still, I prefer Alt+Tab.

Comment

on Q I have shock rifle, and space on jump. If I miss both i get alttabbed out of the game And I miss a lot while playing intensly lol.

Comment

Alt+ tab works for me, however alt+enter windows it.

Comment

on Q I have shock rifle, and space on jump. If I miss both i get alttabbed out of the game And I miss a lot while playing intensly lol.
                  I have Q as "Roger that" and spacebar as jump, both of which I use often. I've never missed either. I can't help it if you've got clumsy fingers.

Originally posted by D2F[Rob] View Post
                  Alt+ tab works for me, however alt+enter windows it.
                  That's the proper function of both key combos.

Comment

Ctrl + Esc = "windows button" might as well use that instead, or Alt + Tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                      I have Q as "Roger that" and spacebar as jump, both of which I use often. I've never missed either. I can't help it if you've got clumsy fingers.

That's the proper function of both key combos.
                      Apparently I'm not the only one with clumsy fingers, since there are loads of tools out there that change alt+tab or disable it when you've got a game running. My g15 does that aswell, ingame alt-tab doesnt work, and if I want to alttab I pull over a switch on the board and I can alttab. Also I play 2k4 which requires a bit faster keyboard pressing

Comment

CTRL-ESC is too awkward to use.

Comment

Also I play 2k4 which requires a bit faster keyboard pressing
                          Rubbish .

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                            Rubbish .
                            QFFT.........

Comment

Ctrl-Esc is the shortcut to bring up the Start menu, just like in XP.

Comment

Working...
                              X