One shot,Muti-kill Weapons....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One shot,Muti-kill Weapons....

Ok I can't seem to find an accurate answer on google, but what other Massacuring weapons will we get in Ut3 besides the Redeemer?

ut3k had reedemer, and ion painter.
    ut4k " " and bomber painter.

what is Ut3 going to offer?

P.S. If posted already, I apologize, but I bet many of you are wondering yourselves.

no idea... i do know however i will be making a custom one as a mod

Comment

Thank god for mods!

Comment

Yeah I’m kind of curious about that myself. I wonder if the bomber will be coming back. Would be cool if it would utilize the painter in the longbow and drop some smart bombs.

Would be kind of cool to bring the ion laser satellite back to. I like the way it pivot around to zap a target on the ground.

Comment

The bomber was pretty cool. Definately would make for hectic node-takeovers when bombs are falling from the sky!

Comment

I don't think there will be anything but the redeemer.

Comment

There will definitely be an Ion Painter. You remember that Mark/Jeff said that you would be able to activate level-specific hazards with it?

Comment

That's crack dude, can't wait to see it ingame!

Comment

I think the painter is just to activate level-specific stuff, now. Gives the mapper a dramatic tool, but it isn't a standard weapon anymore, it doesn't sound like.

Which is fine, considering how weedy and useless the ion painter and target painters were in UT2. And seeing how much weaker the redeemer if UT3 feels, that's probably for the best. The redeemer is now a sort of powerful shaped charge with very little blast radius, sort of like the Phoenix bombs were in 2k4. You had to basically be hit directly with one to get damaged by it.

The new thinking in superweapons is to tone them down so that they're used in competitive matches, or at least on public servers in CTF.

Comment

I read somewhere that the target painter is making it's return

Comment

Working...
                    X