High end DX9 VS Low end DX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High end DX9 VS Low end DX10

For anyone out there that is considering a cheap vid card upgrade you should really check out this link.
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3128&p=3
    I got this from another post in the forums, so props to the original poster.

Just in case anyone is wondering what the point of this thread is. I decided to show everyone that the low end DX10 cards are not all that there cracked up to be for the price. And that the older High-end DX9 cards still have alot of kick left. Basicaly im trying to let people know that its either high DX10 or High DX9 right now if your going to upgrade. The High DX9s are alot cheaper than the DX10's right now and they outperform the lower DX10s. So I would recommend the High DX9 for now, and later when the prices drop on the High DX10 cards, get it then.

Comment

That benchmark is one of the very few, please look at them all. Second off yes buy a higher DX9 card rather then a lower end DX10 card. You won't enjoy the DX10 graphics with a cheap DX10 card.

Comment

Even with a expensive DX10 card you won´t enjoy DX10.

Comment

Originally posted by Progears View Post
          Even with a expensive DX10 card you won´t enjoy DX10.

umm.... how is that possible? DIRECT X 10! HELLO!

Comment

It's possible because current DX10 cards simply are not powerful\optimized enough for current DX10 apps. That and as soon as DX10.1 is released then current DX10 cards will be missing effects.

Comment

Working...
            X