• Show
Clear All

Only German version is modified.
    Also, it's not multilingual.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=11179

Comment

Originally posted by K!llum!nat! View Post
      Ill get the german version and 10 days later the bloodpatch

E/ Ok just found out that english voices wont be included... So ill propably buy the german version
      and "get" (:P) the english from the internet....
      These (patches) are not official and thatwhy ILLEGAL, right?!
      Just be carefull ladies..

Comment

german version is censored so a police officer can join the game and check why a pplayer died , if u gib em he cant.

Comment

Originally posted by SwaTz0rs View Post
          german version is censored so a police officer can join the game and check why a pplayer died , if u gib em he cant.
          Lol!
          If that would be correct, all mods would be illegal too.
          And in addition, if those ****head politicians want to force 18+ people to play censored games, I see myself restricted in the free choice of what to play.
          So **** the german politics and censorship

Comment

Its just cartoon violence. Like when the Whiley Coyote falls off a cliff. It’s not real.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
              Its just cartoon violence. Like when the Whiley Coyote falls off a cliff. It’s not real.
              No, it's UNreal. Sorry, I just had to. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Raven1337 View Post
                If that would be correct, all mods would be illegal too.
                A bit too fast in the conclusion. Obviously, something isn't illegal because it's not official. In this case, the kinds of mods/patches/mutators with explicit violence would be illegal in Germany because of local laws.

Originally posted by Raven1337 View Post
                And in addition, if those ****head politicians want to force 18+ people to play censored games, I see myself restricted in the free choice of what to play.
                So **** the german politics and censorship
                So you feel restricted in the fact that you can't go on full-gorefest bloodbath orgy's?
                I can understand your viewpoint, but I'm not as hypocrite to claim that reducing gore is a restriction of my free will. Let alone in saying that it isn't the same game (you DO realise it still comes out, right?).

But hey...feel free to write open letters to politicians. I'm sure they're all eager to hear your uncensored arguments as to why you have the need for blood.

Comment

It's not only about the blood, I can tell you.
                  That's just the case in UT.

But they censore/cut out many many things in many many games in Germany.
                  Sometimes they censor a game so hard that the storyline cannot be longer followed, and is very very hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                    Why does Germany cencor its games? Do they do the same with other media?
                    Actually, germany doesn't censor games. It's the strict german law that forces developers into self-censorship if they want to get a rating. That's not the same. Just think of Rockstar Games who had to create a second version of GTA:SA without the hidden Hot Coffee content to get rid of the AO rating in the US. If they hadn't done that, the big retailers wouldn't have put the game on the shelves again. It's quite similar here, just with much stricter rules.

I think it's good that kids aren't allowed to buy games that aren't appropriate for them, but what bothers me is that even some games which were rated 18+ do have cuts as well, the Orange Box for example. Both, HL2 and Ep1 were rated 18+ and had no cuts at all. In Ep2, however, the blood is black and bodies disappear almost instantly after a kill. No one knows why they did that, as the game contents are basically the same as in the previous titles. Oh, and in Team Fortess 2, there's no blood and the gibs were replaced with random junk like unicycles, rubberducks, nuts & bolts etc. It's actually really hilarious if it weren't for the serious flaw that one can't tell if he actually hit his opponent, because without the blood spurts there's no visual hit-feedback. And buying the OB via Steam forces the censored version upon all germans, determined by their IP. Unfortunately, lots of people (including myself) did notice that too late, when they already purchased that cut ****.

As for other media: Dunno how exactly it works with the movies here. A small fraction of them does indeed suffer from servere cuts, but I don't know who actually makes those cuts. Could be the movie studios themselves, could be the rating board. But there's often more than one version out there. An interesting example would be Robert Rodriguez' "From Dusk Till Dawn". There's a TV version (16+) and an adult version (18+). The TV version is several minutes shorter, the whole beginning of the movie is missing. The adult version has only one cut and I'm not sure if it really is a cut or is like that in the original version as well (If you know the movie: I'm talking about the hotel room scene where Seth's brother, played by Quentin Tarantino, killed the hostage. They don't really show what he did, just small zoomed glimpses of blood on the wall.).

Comment

Most 18+ stuff is completely uncut, so was From Dusk til Dawn.

There is another law in Germany that mot people do NOT know:

The government or any of it's organizations MUST NOT censor any form of art (including Games).
                      They only rate the movie/games and give it a 16+, 18+ or "must not be advertised in public".
                      If the publishers want a 16+ they cut out stuff. Same goes of course for "must not be advertised in public".

Comment

well as im old enuff i do not like that ****... i dont want to be told what im allowed to see and what not :S

Comment

censorship sucks donkey balls.
                          I guess it's not multilingual on purpose to stop people from other countries getting it before their country's release date.

Comment

I disagree. Censorship keeps objectionable material away from the eyes of those who would rather not see it. I wish our government would do more to protect us from the disgusting things that artists feel the need to publish.

Comment

Originally posted by otsego_amigo View Post
                              I disagree. Censorship keeps objectionable material away from the eyes of those who would rather not see it. I wish our government would do more to protect us from the disgusting things that artists feel the need to publish.
                              Sarcasm?
                              You're talking like everyone was forced to watch everything anyone publishes, and like all parents are useless at parenting.

Comment

I've seen movies and played games with course language and gore since I was 6~ years old, I'm not a crazy murderer (yet).

It's only Germany that has this due to some kid there that wanted the same kind of attention the school shooters in the US got. And as usual the goverment did what they do best, overreact and do the polar opposite of what's needed to fix the problem and making people's lives miserable in the process. *golfclap*

Comment

Working...
                                X