UTIII-EU-Version cuted...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTIII-EU-Version cuted...........

.........i cant belive it..........its fu**ing cuted again.........just canceled my preorder.....

Someone maybe know a german reseller who will import the fsk 18 uncut version???

Thx for help.

order a copy in NL when it comes out ^^

Comment

Originally posted by m4tr1z View Post
      .........i cant belive it..........its fu**ing cuted again.........just canceled my preorder.....

Someone maybe know a german reseller who will import the fsk 18 uncut version???

Thx for help.
      It's not EU who censored the game, it was your government. If a reseller in germany would sell the un-cut version I guess a swat team would rush in and take them out, so order online or buy in another country. ^^

Comment

Order your uncut version at okaysoft and everything is fine. They only need a scan of your valid identity card.

Comment

afaik you could fix the cut ut2k4 version with a simple ini edit so it might be possible for ut3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by booshack View Post
            afaik you could fix the cut ut2k4 version with a simple ini edit so it might be possible for ut3 as well.
            As far as I know it isn't possible this time. And yes, in 2k4 it was simply changing the language entry from "det" to "int".

Comment

which countries will have the censored version ?

Comment

Some clarification:

In Germany not every game needs to be cut. "Shaking Earth 4" for example had 2 versions in Germany:
                1. The exact international version (with ragdolls, nailing to walls, blood, gibs, etc...) rated 18+
                2. A version rated 16+ which was cut.
                It was the publisher's decision to get a wider Marketspread. But the versions were NOT compatible online... ...that's why EPIC is the better developer.

You can legally import any game if it is for private use. If you need the German language you can order it from Austria.

Comment

I recall that german stores would not have the uncut version up front, just the german version, full version would not be advertised or displayed. Well, for the older versions of UT.
                  Dunno this time. Something to check.

Comment

Ill get the german version and 10 days later the bloodpatch

E/ Ok just found out that english voices wont be included... So ill propably buy the german version
                    and "get" (:P) the english from the internet....

Comment

I make it the same way

the German version is just fine to understand the dialogues in the story. I hope for a Patch or a tweak to change the language to english later, because the UT feeling is better than

I dont want to see broken cutscenes like in UT2004 where not only the blood and the gore was censored, but also the beam of Xan's rifle o.O.
                      It looked very weird to see Xan shooting with nothing and all the fools died, lol

Comment

Why does Germany cencor its games? Do they do the same with other media?

Comment

It's not quite as weird as it sounds Jonny, remember when all the fuss came out about GTA on PC & the amiga over here? (not GTA3, but the original, top-down version).

Iirc it nearly got banned outright, despite being no more graphically shocking than Micro Machines or Mario, but it was the very concept of being a criminal that got folks so het-up.

I dunno why the Germans picked on the idea of shooting already-dead bodies (surely, it's the shooting of live bodies you ought to discourage ), but sometimes odd things get folks riled up.

Comment

you can order it in www.byewithoutgettingcaught.com

Comment

Originally posted by dinwitty View Post
                              I recall that german stores would not have the uncut version up front...
                              If it is reated 18+ they can have it displayed in case it is not on the so called "index". The 18+ version of the game I mentioned in my post earlier in this thread was on the shelves at large stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X