Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.
    Yes, learn to google. Look up "How to self sterilize before I reproduce". With your advanced reading comprehension, you can cut your balls off in 5 seconds or less.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, glad it worked. You have a flatscreen monitor? Check in your display properties to see what refresh rate yours is set at. A lot of flatscreens have low refresh rates. In my case it is 75hz, which means the screen is updated 75 times per second. Therefore any frames over 75 are wasted anyway.
    In the end, even if you had a high refresh rate, your brain can't tell much of a difference between 60 and 100. The great advantage to a high frame rate is that the low points won't be low enough to affect gameplay.
    Moral of the story: Don't overclock, there's no real advantage for you at this point.

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
    So just to understand whats going on here is that you may only get about 25-30% increase performance if I were to install another Nvidia 8800 GTX 768meg video card? Wow that really kinda sucks you gotta spend over 500 Bux just for that low amount of increase? IMHO its not worth it to me thats for sure. Im glad I read a bunch of these posts here before I decided to buy another one. Thanks
    Every game and every model card will get different results. I have dual eVGA 7600 GS 512mb. Some games I can't tell the difference. UT3 I swear it more than doubled my fps, although theoretically more than 100% increase is impossible.
    Final thoughts: If I could go back and do it again, I would have bought 1 good card for the same price. Probably get the same performance, and I would then have room for a sound card. But then again, with SLI you kinda feel like you're in an exclusive club.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    Yes there is a cap for the fps in the config files.

Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Find:
    [Engine.GameEngine]
    bSmoothFrameRate=True
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62
    bClearAnimSetLinkupCachesOnLoadMap=TRUE

and change SmoothFrameRate to False.
    Well that definitely worked ... when I was playing VCTF-Suspense with 12 bots I was averaging in the 70s and 80s ... in many places I was in the 100s and it played smooth no matter how much chaos was going on. And this was with everything maxed in the demo @ 1680x1050 taking into consideration of course these are not the hi-res textures but still these are really great numbers and I do think that SLI is definitely helping since there is nothing I Overclocked at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    with my 2 x7800gt's i get 90% increase in graphics performance. doubled my frame rate. it depends on you drivers, in this case sounds like the 8800gt driver isnt so great.. then again thats the driver for all 8800s so meh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So just to understand whats going on here is that you may only get about 25-30% increase performance if I were to install another Nvidia 8800 GTX 768meg video card? Wow that really kinda sucks you gotta spend over 500 Bux just for that low amount of increase? IMHO its not worth it to me thats for sure. Im glad I read a bunch of these posts here before I decided to buy another one. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^ You mean bSmoothFrameRate correct? Okay let me try that and see if I get some higher values ... thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes there is a cap for the fps in the config files.

Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Find:
    [Engine.GameEngine]
    bSmoothFrameRate=True
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62
    bClearAnimSetLinkupCachesOnLoadMap=TRUE

and change bSmoothFrameRate to False.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Srry, didn't saw the topic was already 6 pages long. This was in reply to the first page.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you check your motherboard?
    Normally (on most asus boards) there's a little card, between the 2 PCIxPress slots.
    You need to turn it around in order for sli to work.
    Also did you add the bandwidth adapter on top of your 2 graphical cards? It's crucial for performance increase.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spinner187 View Post
    Wow at first glance at your post, I saw 40 fps, and I was like wtf? Then I re-read and notice your said 1680x1050, so actually, that's
    not bad for one card.

685/988? You overclocked it yourself, is that factory default?

Unfortunately I can't run 1680x1050 atm, only got 19'' wide lcd. What are you using?
    I got in the high 40s/low 50s in that one area but with lots of bots shooting at me ... it says in my sig I am using a 22" LCD LG Monitor ... and yep I play all my games at max resolution. My card is the SC and it comes 650/950 and using the control panel I OCed it myself. The reference model is 600/900 with less than a 60 Gb/sec memory bandwidth.

Well at least for this driver and this demo nothing but alternate frame rendering method #2 will work for SLI mode (of course Single GPU mode will as well).. the other two frame rendering modes caused bad problems with the demo. And I ran the same test but the cards were not OCed this time ... just the stock 650/950 and I actually got the exact same results so I have no idea what that means at all.

Perhaps it is this bios/driver combination ... but I just know I should see better performance from SLI ... oh well I will hope for a better driver by the time the game ships but at least SLI does work to some extent. Maybe I have something set in my UT3 ini files that is preventing me from cracking the 63 fps threshold? I thought I read something about that ... I bet I am doing something silly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post

Now anyway back to the testing ... I already disabled SLI and tested on SL with everything set to max no AA @1680x1050 and I never dropped below 60 fps ... now in the helmet area when I looked back into the courtyard and there were no bots around the fps never dropped below 50 when I was looking around and then turning around and looking out it never dropped below 62 fps and again this is with just one card active OCed to 685/988.

With lots of bots shooting at me the fps in that area did drop to the high 40s when looking at the tallest mountain through the trees but I kind of expected that when three bots are taking shots at me simultaneously. Now on to some SLI testing.
    Wow at first glance at your post, I saw 40 fps, and I was like wtf? Then I re-read and notice your said 1680x1050, so actually, that's
    not bad for one card.

685/988? You overclocked it yourself, is that factory default?

Unfortunately I can't run 1680x1050 atm, only got 19'' wide lcd. What are you using?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.
    I think it's a pity you actually spend your time online insulting people looking for help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow ... what's with all the insults ... their is no reason at all to be such an *** dude. If you don't want to contribute then fine. But this thread seems to be very helpful for a lot of people so you can take your bitter for whatever reason *** and get lost. Sure we all know about Google but we also like to communicate with other people obviously. Talk about a waste a brainpower and being immature.

Now anyway back to the testing ... I already disabled SLI and tested on SL with everything set to max no AA @1680x1050 and I never dropped below 60 fps ... now in the helmet area when I looked back into the courtyard and there were no bots around the fps never dropped below 50 when I was looking around and then turning around and looking out it never dropped below 62 fps and again this is with just one card active OCed to 685/988.

With lots of bots shooting at me the fps in that area did drop to the high 40s when looking at the tallest mountain through the trees but I kind of expected that when three bots are taking shots at me simultaneously. Now on to some SLI testing.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Did it make your day to tell us that? If you read earlier, most of us are new to overclocking, and I have post a link to one of those "overclocking sites" already

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very Sad useless thread you guys have going here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    Hi, I wanted to share my SLI experience with you. In the manage 3D settings tab of the nVidia control panel, what you set the global settings to is the default for every program. You can override settings for specific applications using "program settings."
    You have to click "Add" to add UT3demo.exe. To my knowledge you don't have to change the name to bioshock.exe unless you want to force on anti-aliasing.
    Which SLI setting? When I use "Force alternate frame rendering 2" I get spectacular results.

Single GPU: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
    alternate frame 1: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
    alternate frame 2: 40 - 80 fps on Suspense
    split frame: Never even tried it after the success of alternate frame 2
    Okay I am going to test like that so give me 20 minutes and I will give you my numbers in each scenario next to that helmet on Shangri-La map.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X