X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    SLI for Demo needs trick

Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
    I am new to SLI and have a question for people who have been using it for a while. How do you know if the application is making good use of SLI and SLI is actually working? I have two cards in SLI according the Nvidia control panel but I don't see a huge performance increase in UT3 ... is it possible SLI is not working but nothing is telling me. I even turned on the Visual indicator and it was moving and going up and down ... now does that mean SLI is definitely working to some degree? Please forgive the neophytic questions but like I said I am new to SLI. Thanks for any help SLI pros.
    In windows, for SLI to work, it needs some sort of a config file for the game. Many with SLI have used a trick, remaming the file to bioshock which is also based on the UT3 engine. I am sure if you do a search you will find out more details.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks but that still doesn't answer my question about how I can be sure I have SLI on. It says in the Nvidia control panel SLI is enabled and I just want to make sure it really is all I need to worry about or if there is some other thing I have to do when I am in a game.

Also can you Overclock when you are in SLI mode? How does that affect the two cards ... does only one card actually OC or do both of them? This SLI stuff is a little confusing when you are new to it. Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a benchmark of Bioshock with a 8800GT and 8800GT SLI.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...orce_8800_gt/7

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xuho View Post
    Im no SLI pro, but dont forget that SLI doesnt give you a 100% performance increase. Its merely a 35/40% performance increase compared too a single card.
    Yes I did understand that but still I just wanted to make sure there is nothing I am unaware of and if it is really this simple and it means that if I am not seeing that kind of performance increase then something is just wrong with the drivers and/or the bios of the mobo. Thanks for your input.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im no SLI pro, but dont forget that SLI doesnt give you a 100% performance increase. Its merely a 35/40% performance increase compared too a single card.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Question for those folks who have SLI

Question for those folks who have SLI

I am new to SLI and have a question for people who have been using it for a while. How do you know if the application is making good use of SLI and SLI is actually working? I have two cards in SLI according the Nvidia control panel but I don't see a huge performance increase in UT3 ... is it possible SLI is not working but nothing is telling me. I even turned on the Visual indicator and it was moving and going up and down ... now does that mean SLI is definitely working to some degree? Please forgive the neophytic questions but like I said I am new to SLI. Thanks for any help SLI pros.
Working...
X