No announcement yet.

Question for those folks who have SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ You mean bSmoothFrameRate correct? Okay let me try that and see if I get some higher values ... thanks.

Comment

So just to understand whats going on here is that you may only get about 25-30% increase performance if I were to install another Nvidia 8800 GTX 768meg video card? Wow that really kinda sucks you gotta spend over 500 Bux just for that low amount of increase? IMHO its not worth it to me thats for sure. Im glad I read a bunch of these posts here before I decided to buy another one. Thanks

Comment

with my 2 x7800gt's i get 90% increase in graphics performance. doubled my frame rate. it depends on you drivers, in this case sounds like the 8800gt driver isnt so great.. then again thats the driver for all 8800s so meh

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
          Yes there is a cap for the fps in the config files.

Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Find:
          [Engine.GameEngine]
          bSmoothFrameRate=True
          MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
          MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62
          bClearAnimSetLinkupCachesOnLoadMap=TRUE

and change SmoothFrameRate to False.
          Well that definitely worked ... when I was playing VCTF-Suspense with 12 bots I was averaging in the 70s and 80s ... in many places I was in the 100s and it played smooth no matter how much chaos was going on. And this was with everything maxed in the demo @ 1680x1050 taking into consideration of course these are not the hi-res textures but still these are really great numbers and I do think that SLI is definitely helping since there is nothing I Overclocked at all.

Comment

Nice, glad it worked. You have a flatscreen monitor? Check in your display properties to see what refresh rate yours is set at. A lot of flatscreens have low refresh rates. In my case it is 75hz, which means the screen is updated 75 times per second. Therefore any frames over 75 are wasted anyway.
            In the end, even if you had a high refresh rate, your brain can't tell much of a difference between 60 and 100. The great advantage to a high frame rate is that the low points won't be low enough to affect gameplay.
            Moral of the story: Don't overclock, there's no real advantage for you at this point.

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
            So just to understand whats going on here is that you may only get about 25-30% increase performance if I were to install another Nvidia 8800 GTX 768meg video card? Wow that really kinda sucks you gotta spend over 500 Bux just for that low amount of increase? IMHO its not worth it to me thats for sure. Im glad I read a bunch of these posts here before I decided to buy another one. Thanks
            Every game and every model card will get different results. I have dual eVGA 7600 GS 512mb. Some games I can't tell the difference. UT3 I swear it more than doubled my fps, although theoretically more than 100% increase is impossible.
            Final thoughts: If I could go back and do it again, I would have bought 1 good card for the same price. Probably get the same performance, and I would then have room for a sound card. But then again, with SLI you kinda feel like you're in an exclusive club.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.
              Yes, learn to google. Look up "How to self sterilize before I reproduce". With your advanced reading comprehension, you can cut your balls off in 5 seconds or less.

Comment

Working...
              X