Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those folks who have SLI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    believe it or not, there is ddr2 that is 1200! yeah i know its a werid number, but it does existed. Saw it on newegg.com. Let me look it up

    Edit: here is the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134429

    Edit: Oh yeah, u done the FPS test yet, and what is your gpu speed again

    Comment


      #47
      Sorry if someone already said this, but I didn't read all the replies yet.

      In some games SLI setups won't up the MAXIMUM frame rates much, but will scale alot better, as in:

      single cards:
      1280/1024 80 fps
      1600/1200 60 fps
      19xx/12xx 40 fps...

      SLI:
      1280/1024 80 fps
      1600/1200 80 fps
      19xx/12xx 70 fps...

      It's very game dependent, but this happens quite often from the benches I've seen. You might not see those max frames ever go up, unless you up the cards themselves.

      Comment


        #48
        lets hear those FPS's over by the helmet looking at the mountain across the map...!!!

        Comment


          #49
          I am learning alot in this thread!

          Question:

          I am running a single gpu 8800GT... would it be faster if I was running a 32 bit os with 2gb of ram, or a 64 bit os with 4gb of ram?

          btw, you never mentioned the FPS difference in single or sli mode. If you did then dissregard.

          Thanks

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by duddley View Post
            Sorry if someone already said this, but I didn't read all the replies yet.

            In some games SLI setups won't up the MAXIMUM frame rates much, but will scale alot better, as in:

            single cards:
            1280/1024 80 fps
            1600/1200 60 fps
            19xx/12xx 40 fps...

            SLI:
            1280/1024 80 fps
            1600/1200 80 fps
            19xx/12xx 70 fps...

            It's very game dependent, but this happens quite often from the benches I've seen. You might not see those max frames ever go up, unless you up the cards themselves.
            Yeah I read something similiar about that also, I guess I didn't word it right earlier

            Comment


              #51
              Hi, I wanted to share my SLI experience with you. In the manage 3D settings tab of the nVidia control panel, what you set the global settings to is the default for every program. You can override settings for specific applications using "program settings."
              You have to click "Add" to add UT3demo.exe. To my knowledge you don't have to change the name to bioshock.exe unless you want to force on anti-aliasing.
              Which SLI setting? When I use "Force alternate frame rendering 2" I get spectacular results.

              Single GPU: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
              alternate frame 1: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
              alternate frame 2: 40 - 80 fps on Suspense
              split frame: Never even tried it after the success of alternate frame 2

              Mobo: Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32x
              CPU: AMD Athlon FX x2 4200+ 2.2ghz overclocked to 2.5ghz
              Mem: 2 gb DDR2 800
              GPU: Dual eVGA 7600 GS stock 400/800 overclocked to 575/945

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Hi, I wanted to share my SLI experience with you. In the manage 3D settings tab of the nVidia control panel, what you set the global settings to is the default for every program. You can override settings for specific applications using "program settings."
                You have to click "Add" to add UT3demo.exe. To my knowledge you don't have to change the name to bioshock.exe unless you want to force on anti-aliasing.
                Which SLI setting? When I use "Force alternate frame rendering 2" I get spectacular results.

                Single GPU: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
                alternate frame 1: 20 - 40 fps on Suspense
                alternate frame 2: 40 - 80 fps on Suspense
                split frame: Never even tried it after the success of alternate frame 2
                Okay I am going to test like that so give me 20 minutes and I will give you my numbers in each scenario next to that helmet on Shangri-La map.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Very Sad useless thread you guys have going here

                  Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.

                    Did it make your day to tell us that? If you read earlier, most of us are new to overclocking, and I have post a link to one of those "overclocking sites" already

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                      Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.
                      Wow ... what's with all the insults ... their is no reason at all to be such an *** dude. If you don't want to contribute then fine. But this thread seems to be very helpful for a lot of people so you can take your bitter for whatever reason *** and get lost. Sure we all know about Google but we also like to communicate with other people obviously. Talk about a waste a brainpower and being immature.

                      Now anyway back to the testing ... I already disabled SLI and tested on SL with everything set to max no AA @1680x1050 and I never dropped below 60 fps ... now in the helmet area when I looked back into the courtyard and there were no bots around the fps never dropped below 50 when I was looking around and then turning around and looking out it never dropped below 62 fps and again this is with just one card active OCed to 685/988.

                      With lots of bots shooting at me the fps in that area did drop to the high 40s when looking at the tallest mountain through the trees but I kind of expected that when three bots are taking shots at me simultaneously. Now on to some SLI testing.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                        Learn to google. There are dedicated over clocking sites out there that have almost step by step procedures. The Q6600 is legendary. SLACR stepping at 3.4 Ghz. If you only had a clue or brain. Perhaps your reading comprehension is very poor? What a pity. A total waste of bandwidth. Just like a teenage child.
                        I think it's a pity you actually spend your time online insulting people looking for help.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post

                          Now anyway back to the testing ... I already disabled SLI and tested on SL with everything set to max no AA @1680x1050 and I never dropped below 60 fps ... now in the helmet area when I looked back into the courtyard and there were no bots around the fps never dropped below 50 when I was looking around and then turning around and looking out it never dropped below 62 fps and again this is with just one card active OCed to 685/988.

                          With lots of bots shooting at me the fps in that area did drop to the high 40s when looking at the tallest mountain through the trees but I kind of expected that when three bots are taking shots at me simultaneously. Now on to some SLI testing.
                          Wow at first glance at your post, I saw 40 fps, and I was like wtf? Then I re-read and notice your said 1680x1050, so actually, that's
                          not bad for one card.

                          685/988? You overclocked it yourself, is that factory default?

                          Unfortunately I can't run 1680x1050 atm, only got 19'' wide lcd. What are you using?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Spinner187 View Post
                            Wow at first glance at your post, I saw 40 fps, and I was like wtf? Then I re-read and notice your said 1680x1050, so actually, that's
                            not bad for one card.

                            685/988? You overclocked it yourself, is that factory default?

                            Unfortunately I can't run 1680x1050 atm, only got 19'' wide lcd. What are you using?
                            I got in the high 40s/low 50s in that one area but with lots of bots shooting at me ... it says in my sig I am using a 22" LCD LG Monitor ... and yep I play all my games at max resolution. My card is the SC and it comes 650/950 and using the control panel I OCed it myself. The reference model is 600/900 with less than a 60 Gb/sec memory bandwidth.

                            Well at least for this driver and this demo nothing but alternate frame rendering method #2 will work for SLI mode (of course Single GPU mode will as well).. the other two frame rendering modes caused bad problems with the demo. And I ran the same test but the cards were not OCed this time ... just the stock 650/950 and I actually got the exact same results so I have no idea what that means at all.

                            Perhaps it is this bios/driver combination ... but I just know I should see better performance from SLI ... oh well I will hope for a better driver by the time the game ships but at least SLI does work to some extent. Maybe I have something set in my UT3 ini files that is preventing me from cracking the 63 fps threshold? I thought I read something about that ... I bet I am doing something silly.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Srry, didn't saw the topic was already 6 pages long. This was in reply to the first page.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------


                              Did you check your motherboard?
                              Normally (on most asus boards) there's a little card, between the 2 PCIxPress slots.
                              You need to turn it around in order for sli to work.
                              Also did you add the bandwidth adapter on top of your 2 graphical cards? It's crucial for performance increase.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Yes there is a cap for the fps in the config files.

                                Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

                                Find:
                                [Engine.GameEngine]
                                bSmoothFrameRate=True
                                MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
                                MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62
                                bClearAnimSetLinkupCachesOnLoadMap=TRUE

                                and change bSmoothFrameRate to False.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X