No announcement yet.

Question for those folks who have SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple display: im not 100% sure what this is, but that's the default.. I'm sure it has something to do with hooking up more monitors, it is NOT an SLI feature.

Yes you can set this individually for your games, but profiles work based on the matching of the game EXEs for example you will see something like UT2004.exe for the 2004 profile. SOOO, I don't think this will work for UT3 because i think the current driver still says UT2007.exe.. but your welcome to try my way.. then this way as see if anything changes, because i didn't bother to try.

Comment

Well the SLI visual bar was definitely present and it was moving although it didn't move all that much ... so does that mean that it was taking some advantage of SLI? I am still a bit confused, thanks.

Comment

yes.. it will move a bit.. how much green did you have? it should go up and down depending on the load

Comment

ok so i gave it a try with the indicators.. yay i see them now.
          [shot]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2892/sli2vj5.png[/shot]
          mine didn't go up and down so much.. pretty much stayed around 90% as you can see by the image.

KEEP IN MIND, you have 8800gts don't you? I haven't finished the PC in my sig, that image and those SLI performance results are on my two 7800gt's so for a high end card, one will do allot of work and the second may not be so required.. at least that's what I think, Is possible that it would split the load between them weather required or not.. that I don't know. Iv changed my build to SLI 8800 ultras that i will get next week.. I dont expect to see the indicator so high but I will find out then.. I would hope its that same, if not I guess that just maybe means the second card isnt needed.

In you case of 8800gt's i would hope you see what I see, if not, prob guna have to wait for a better driver

Comment

^^ Yep that is pretty much how mine looked and behaved ... it didn't even go up to 90% more like 50-60% and I did what you suggested and have it set at the alternate frame rendering 2. I'll keep playing around with this but at least I know SLi is working but definitely better drivers are needed.

Comment

thats not too bad, at least its showing an improvement in SLI, can I ask what REZ you play at and what ur FPS is (type stat fps in console)

Comment

NakhtiUT3. With your setup what is your fps(I know it varies depending on the situation.) but with your setup it should be dam good.

Oh I heard SLI is only really useful if you are using a resolution 1660xSomething or higher.

Oh I got two question for you that I've been meaning to ask.
                1. How is your overclocking going? I kind of in the same boat as you(same cpu)
                2. You see a significant differences using 4 gigs of ram oppose to 2gigs?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinner187 View Post
                  NakhtiUT3. With your setup what is your fps(I know it varies depending on the situation.) but with your setup it should be dam good.

Oh I heard SLI is only really useful if you are using a resolution 1660xSomething or higher.

that's not true.. and who ever told you knows nothing.. but yes it will use more SLI scaling with high end cards on a higher resolution. my rez is only 1280 x 1024 :P and you can read about my benefits above.
                  yes tell us your fps...
                  im interested to know what you get standing on shrngrala over by the helmet area looking across the map toward the mountain.. that's where its most demanding.

Comment

I just sent back my 8800 gts to newegg for my 30day refund. So I can order a gt
                    But with my signature's spec I was getting like 40-60 at the helmet area you mention.(Yeah I know that question was towards NakhtiUT3)
                    I am hoping it would improve with the gt

Comment

40-60.. wow, i know that area looking over the map is taxing but I thought you would get more then that on a good setup. how does that compare to your usual FPS average?

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                        40-60.. wow, i know that area looking over the map is taxing but I thought you would get more then that on a good setup. how does that compare to your usual FPS average?

Hmm around 70-80 in Shanglia,and 80-100 in Heatwave.

Btw I do all these test on multiplayer(don't really care what fps I get in single player). Maybe the server I was on had lag or something.

I can't test it now since I don't have the card. But it was pretty smooth most of the time, it dropped down to 50 sometimes when i was under heavy action, but otherwise it was pretty smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinner187 View Post

Overclocking is not going well. I have no idea how to overclock my CPU because my last motherboard's Bios had a very simple way to OC the cpu and that was just to enter the percent increase between these choices 3, 5, 7 and 10% and all the work was done in the background and you just got your new clock speed. For example the 2.6Ghz Opteron I had I easily OCed to 2.9 Ghz through the ASUS bios. Now though the Abit bios is very different and to OC the cpu I have to enter FSB values and multiplier values and voltage stuff and unless you are a real pro at this stuff you risk permanent damage to your CPU.

As far as what res I run at it is 1680x1050 so yes SLI will really help me if the drivers are good. And as far as ram ... the only reason I have four gigs (because a gig is not even usable by Vista since the two cards have 1 gig of combined video memory and if you have physical ram in the 3-4 gig space it gets taken by that video ram so really I only have 3 gigs of Ram usable by Vista) is because the ram was on sale for a steal of a price - $60 bucks for a 2 Gig kit so I bought two. Performance is definitely improved from 2Gigs (my last system) to 3 gigs for Vista ... Vista is a memory hog so the memory the faster it runs and so far for me it has been very stable.

As far as the fps ... tell me what map you want me to run and I will do stat fps and let you know what I am averaging with SLI disabled and also with it enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
                            Overclocking is not going well. I have no idea how to overclock my CPU because my last motherboard's Bios had a very simple way to OC the cpu and that was just to enter the percent increase between these choices 3, 5, 7 and 10% and all the work was done in the background and you just got your new clock speed. For example the 2.6Ghz Opteron I had I easily OCed to 2.9 Ghz through the ASUS bios. Now though the Abit bios is very different and to OC the cpu I have to enter FSB values and multiplier values and voltage stuff and unless you are a real pro at this stuff you risk permanent damage to your CPU.

As far as what res I run at it is 1680x1050 so yes SLI will really help me if the drivers are good. And as far as ram ... the only reason I have four gigs (because a gig is not even usable by Vista since the two cards have 1 gig of combined video memory and if you have physical ram in the 3-4 gig space it gets taken by that video ram so really I only have 3 gigs of Ram usable by Vista) is because the ram was on sale for a steal of a price - $60 bucks for a 2 Gig kit so I bought two. Performance is definitely improved from 2Gigs (my last system) to 3 gigs for Vista ... Vista is a memory hog so the memory the faster it runs and so far for me it has been very stable.

As far as the fps ... tell me what map you want me to run and I will do stat fps and let you know what I am averaging with SLI disabled and also with it enabled.
                            Well Maybe this would help you on your overclocking.
                            1. try using Uguru...its for abit mobo
                            2. Look at this post http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

Like I said I am in the same boat as you in the OC, Barely Any knowdelge, but I do know my Mobo stinks for overclocking(Biostar T965-e). It has the features, but i can't adjust the voltage in small increments in the bios, and the on-the-fly overclocking program that came with mobo is so dam inaccurate.

Are you using 32 bit or 64 vista.
                            I heard 32 bit can't detect more then 3 gig of ram, for some techbabble reason I can't recall.

As for the fps. Hmmm Shangali...around the helmet area ,like we mention b4.
                            I guess do it in single player, since bandwidth lantecy won't be a factor.

Comment

Oh I just found out that Uguru has different verisons(depending on what mobo version you got).

Comment

anyone with dual 8800gtx/ultra 768 meg (1536mb total) find they have ram shortage due to this XP not supporting much ram? anyone know anything? i plan to do this with XP (see sig) but now I hear I may be short of ram even if i put in 2 gb

Comment

Working...
                                X