Man 8800GT is amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man 8800GT is amazing

I finally got my 8800GT, and it runs UT3 better in 1600x1200 than my old 7950GT did in 640x480. Just plain sick. I played some online vCTF with max details @ 1600x1200 and 24 players, and I couldn't get it to dip below 60fps even once. Not even when whole enemy team chased me down with their vehicles.

Now, let's see how this handles full version textures..

Yes it really is a great card and is highly Overclockable as well. Only problem I am having is with SLI ... using the new abit Mobo it seems I am not getting any real performance enhancements ... and this has me worried. I'm hoping that it is just a driver and maybe bios issue.

Comment

I am going with 2.ea EVGA 8800GT SSC Sli. I am running XP Pro SP2 and like to hear from someone with this setup on how it runs for them.

XP Pro vs Vista in Sli setup, does someone have a link for this question.

I have read on some post that running Sli with Vista was a problem.
      Sorry to hear the troubles and I do hope a driver with fix your performance problems.

Comment

I'll be waiting for a fanless GT to come out.

Comment

By the way, anyone have idea how to save overclock profiles for 8800GT? It absolutely sucks that ntune resets everything every time I boot.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
            By the way, anyone have idea how to save overclock profiles for 8800GT? It absolutely sucks that ntune resets everything every time I boot.. lol.
            Yeah I hate that as well and RivaTuner doesn't work with the G92 chipset yet. So yeah if anyone figures that out I would also like to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
              I'll be waiting for a fanless GT to come out.
              Is it actually likely that someone will start selling them with 2 slot fans? Or does that kind of thing just not happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                I finally got my 8800GT, and it runs UT3 better in 1600x1200 than my old 7950GT did in 640x480. Just plain sick. I played some online vCTF with max details @ 1600x1200 and 24 players, and I couldn't get it to dip below 60fps even once. Not even when whole enemy team chased me down with their vehicles.

Now, let's see how this handles full version textures..

You're making me wanna cry. I can't get the game going with my Asus 8800GT.

Comment

Man, my 8800GTX is amazing. I've been running every game so smooth for moooonths now. Even runs UT3 faster than an 8800GT and it isn't crippled when I enable AA. At Crysis is totally smokes the GT at 1680x1050.

Comment

Originally posted by Koei View Post
                    Man, my 8800GTX is amazing. I've been running every game so smooth for moooonths now. Even runs UT3 faster than an 8800GT and it isn't crippled when I enable AA. At Crysis is totally smokes the GT at 1680x1050.
                    We all know that the GTX is still a faster card ... but man you sound pretty envious or something to come onto a 8800GT thread and say something like this. We are all just glad we got a really good card at a low price and that it is so slim because it uses a new architecture. man ... no need to sound so bitter.

Comment

Well, I just got an 8800gtx 1 month ago and it sounds like this would have been a much better buy. Very similar performance for a little more than 1/2 price. I would have waited if I would have known they would have been this close in performance.

Comment

I cant't speak specifically about the 8800gt but I do have a 8800gtx setup in SLI.The only place I saw good results in Vista with it was The Lost Planet Demo, seems broken for Vista UT 3 as well as Far Cry. However in XP, it plays both the games really well. I'd say at 1920-1080 resolution- no AA , my frames avg around 130-140 fps- up fromm 100 on a single card. In Crysis on all high settings at same resolution,no AA, seems to avg. over 40 fps. AA enabled really cuts the frames down, not gonna be reaal practical to use for online play

Comment

sounds good im planning on picking up the GT next week...

Comment

Getting a GT for christmas here.

Comment

I ordred a eVGA 8800 GT superclocked and i'm still waiting for it. Those cards are really popular in Canada. They were out of stock just 1 day after the release. I should be getting in in mid-november, same time has UT3. Yay! My 7900 GTX is starting to get old.

Comment

Working...
                              X