Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Epic... what's up with not showing ppls ping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Epic... what's up with not showing ppls ping?

Is it some kinda joke? Or is it just not in the demo and will be in final version? Not showing ping is the most ridiculous thing.

How the hell are you supposed to have fair matches if you can't see if you're 2 sec behind the other guy?

Am I missing some command that shows everyones ping? Everyone keeps telling me to use STAT NET, but what's the point of seeing only my own ping, I can guess my ping by playing.

Console players don't understand ping, so it's useless to Epic.

Comment

Ya, I figured it might have something to do with the console release too :/

It really seems like the changes they're making for console are really starting to add up and aggravate some of the UT PC community, obviously including myself.

Still holding out hope that some things will change from the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by duddley View Post
        Ya, I figured it might have something to do with the console release too :/

It really seems like the changes they're making for console are really starting to add up and aggravate some of the UT PC community, obviously including myself.

Still holding out hope that some things will change from the demo.
        Or maybe in a patch 6 months down the road...

Comment

It's beta demo so they had to skimp I guess.It's would be completely stupid of them to not include pings in the full and I highly doubt they will.

The basic format for everyone should be showing the servers in order by ping
          and showing everyone's true ping on the scoreboard once in the server.

Could u imagine these forums if everyone could see their pings in a beta demo?I mean the servers all state filled or empty and every single one I have ever connected to lagged horridly.I doubt it's on my end.

I guess you will se no pings until it's optimized.I hope they do not count bots as players just to misguide everyone again.

Comment

I hope that their strategy works for ps3 and they're successful, they'll probably end up losing a few PC customers. I don't see many sites listing the game in the top tens of upcoming games and there's only 2 weeks till release, not that it has too much of a correlation to sales.

I'm just canceling my preorder and gonna see how it pans out in the end from reviews and the forum. Need to hold off on another video card purchase anyhow.

Edit*Senior member now, sweet!

Comment

Its not something that difficult to implement so i have no idea wtf is going on at epic.. the entire game has been dumbed down from the menu, options, server browser, in game stats/f1 menu.. its almost even an insult to CONSOLE players too!

Comment

I'm really hoping they include pings on the scoreboard in the final version

Comment

Well i have heard that they havent changed it even in the final version. I think it was over at the beyond unreal forum i read somewhere.. and there arent many changes at all. Seems they have pretty much ignored everything we have been saying on here!

Comment

Some people have played the final version, so the answer is out ther somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by unbecoming View Post
                      It's beta demo so they had to skimp I guess.It's would be completely stupid of them to not include pings in the full and I highly doubt they will.

The basic format for everyone should be showing the servers in order by ping
                      and showing everyone's true ping on the scoreboard once in the server.

Could u imagine these forums if everyone could see their pings in a beta demo?I mean the servers all state filled or empty and every single one I have ever connected to lagged horridly.I doubt it's on my end.

I guess you will se no pings until it's optimized.I hope they do not count bots as players just to misguide everyone again.
                      yeh agreed

Comment

Ping had better be in the final release, and for everyone, not just yourself with stat net. Leaving it out is so retarded, if it's not in the final release it had better be in the first patch pronto.

Comment

I want ping in scoreboard too! We need to know pings of all players for clanwar to chose a fair server.
                          And why in browser all servers display only pings equal to 16, 31, 47... why not showing true pings as previous UT? Thats weird!

Comment

guys guys relax! there is a command "state net" to display your ping and net status. I even don't wanna see UT to be a console game as it's a pc game and made for pc and should be for pc only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jake View Post
                              guys guys relax! there is a command "state net" to display your ping and net status. I even don't wanna see UT to be a console game as it's a pc game and made for pc and should be for pc only.
                              Thats not the point, using stat net command only shows YOUR ping, we need to be able to see everyones pings in the F1 stats, just the way it was in all other UT games.

Comment

Working...
                              X