No announcement yet.

UT3 and Hitscan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I think I'm going with the different movement. I always was thinking that the different movement of my target but never stopped to think of my own movement. It's true that aim is really dependent on my own movement so if I'm used to a particular speed then it's very likely I will pull the trigger at the wrong time.

It's not leading since the same thing happens to me with bots.

I also tried the tweaks mentioned in the mouse settings but they didn't do anything for me.

Again, for the record, I'm not against re-adapting. I was just probing to see if anyone has figured it out. Thanks for your feedbacks.

As for the fps dependency, hmmm, I don't know the details behind that one (at least about anything unique with UT3). I have 100 fps normally but it surely fluctuates.

Still, I think I might go with the movement suggestion

Comment

you guys know why its hard to hitscan in UT3 ? its not netcode, its not crosshair, its not re-adapting...

Its the funky mouse issue that epic needs to fix, THATS IT !!
      hitscan need precision and UT3's mouse movement isnt correct.

you can do all the tweaking you want, it may help, but its NOT Perfect, and in hitscanOLOGY ... u need perfect precision. I played years and years of FPS and trust me, this is NOT normal. I tweaked for hours and hours, non stop for days before i quit trying and wait for the real demo.

Im sure epic will fix it, unless they ignored the polls, and threads about this same subject. It looks like they ignored our input on the Menu's ... Maybe they did it on purpose so people can't dominate anymore like in ut2k4 and to help the console guys, because you know "thumbs" cant hitscan very well, so they had to make it odd for the guys on keyboards now.

Your not alone eggsuckingleech, the hitscans are a bit off because of the mouse issue.

Comment

yeah I saw your other thread but with all due respect, I don't think I have read anything objective yet. I mean we can see mouse accel - I'm not getting that. I can show Vsync problems - it's not that.

So it's not that I don't believe you - but can you explain exactly what is wrong other than "it feels wrong"? Give me a testcase so I can see what you mean. I know I'm getting all "engineer on you" but it's in my DNA

Comment

I must say I will be p!ssed if I spend $1500 on a rig for this game to play like sh!t3

Much Love,

Rize

Comment

Originally posted by Rize View Post
            I must say I will be p!ssed if I spend $1500 on a rig for this game to play like sh!t3

Much Love,

Rize
            You can buy good PCs and good games, but you cant buy SKILL.

Comment

Originally posted by icoN View Post
              you guys know why its hard to hitscan in UT3 ? its not netcode, its not crosshair, its not re-adapting...

Its the funky mouse issue that epic needs to fix, THATS IT !!
              hitscan need precision and UT3's mouse movement isnt correct.

you can do all the tweaking you want, it may help, but its NOT Perfect, and in hitscanOLOGY ... u need perfect precision. I played years and years of FPS and trust me, this is NOT normal. I tweaked for hours and hours, non stop for days before i quit trying and wait for the real demo.

Im sure epic will fix it, unless they ignored the polls, and threads about this same subject. It looks like they ignored our input on the Menu's ... Maybe they did it on purpose so people can't dominate anymore like in ut2k4 and to help the console guys, because you know "thumbs" cant hitscan very well, so they had to make it odd for the guys on keyboards now.

Your not alone eggsuckingleech, the hitscans are a bit off because of the mouse issue.
              ditto.......

Comment

Yeah, this is really frustrating for me.

I was very good with the LG in 2k4 but I can't hit **** with the sniper in UT3. I've done the ini tweaks and it doesn't help a whole lot.

The primary shock I'm ok with, the sniper is luck if I get a kill. I've tried leading/lagging the oponent, and direct head on shots without moving. It seems the crosshair is right on target, but I don't score a hit.

The LG drew alot of criticisim for being abused, so maybe they over-nerfed the sniper for a reason?

I don't know, but it really takes the hitscan element out of the game too much.

- Taffy

Comment

its frustrating for me too. But I hesitate blaming the game when I very well know there are likely aspects I'm just not used to yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6 View Post
                    - Taffy
                    Whoa, are you THE Taffy in UT2004?

Comment

lol people and their tweaks, my opinion is that(MY OPINION) real players don't change the ini's and play the game how it was meant to be played

Comment

I have days where I have issues but I know what my problem is.Two things, mouse sense is at 1 and its still to fast, and I dont have a dot. Hopefully there will be a way to go with a lower mouse sense in the full version. Il never be able to play at the level I used to consistantly with the mouse sense this fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                          lol people and their tweaks, my opinion is that(MY OPINION) real players don't change the ini's and play the game how it was meant to be played
                          To me that's like saying "real" race car drivers race with what they're given. So all those drivers with crews who are constatnly tweaking and looking for an edge aren't "real drivers"

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                            Whoa, are you THE Taffy in UT2004?
                            yes have we played?

I've played with leech a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6 View Post
                              yes have we played?

I've played with leech a few times.
                              Yep, I quite vividly remember a flak shell with your face on it.

EDIT: Let me re-word that. I saw a face on your flak shell

Comment

Originally posted by Tasties View Post
                                I have days where I have issues but I know what my problem is.Two things, mouse sense is at 1 and its still to fast, and I dont have a dot. Hopefully there will be a way to go with a lower mouse sense in the full version. Il never be able to play at the level I used to consistantly with the mouse sense this fast.
                                You can in the demo.
                                It's the 6th line down in your UTinput.ini. Scale at 0-100 being equivalent to the in-game 0(1)-10.

You can also set it in the console with set sensitivity #.

Comment

Working...
                                X