Menu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu's

Will the menu's be changed in full version OR can i (without getting kicked by security programme) implement the 2k4 menu's myself ?

because atm it looks like collin mcrea rally :-/

as a die hard ut fan & clanleader really my biggest grief about ut3 is the state of the menu's. They are confusing, console-looking, troublesome, to clumsy, bulky, ect, ect... server browser is worst.

Thx, make the game rock even more

Originally posted by Kensei View Post
    Will the menu's be changed in full version OR can i (without getting kicked by security programme) implement the 2k4 menu's myself ?

because atm it looks like collin mcrea rally :-/

as a die hard ut fan & clanleader really my biggest grief about ut3 is the state of the menu's. They are confusing, console-looking, troublesome, to clumsy, bulky, ect, ect... server browser is worst.

Thx, make the game rock even more
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=581927 <---if they dont change the menu system. (view last few pages)

Comment

Yeah, they are really console-looking at the moment. The UT2004 menu was much better!! but it had more options and more too, so maybe it'll come in the full version

Comment

I guess we will all find out on Nov 12 what changes were made from the (beta) demo to the retail version. Other than the (out of game) UI, the actual game is great.

Comment

Originally posted by brianXm View Post
          I guess we will all find out on Nov 12 what changes were made from the (beta) demo to the retail version. Other than the (out of game) UI, the actual game is great.

Yeah excatly, the game is absolutely awesome in overall thats why it would be such a shame if they screwed up everything with releasing it with a crappy menu system.

Comment

Some people that have played the final version of the game, say that the menu really hasnt changed much since the demo

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
              Some people that have played the final version of the game, say that the menu really hasnt changed much since the demo
              You are refering to the german community day where they got to test UT3 latest build at Midway HQ in Germany. They actually didnt test the version that went gold. They tested it on October 26th and the game went gold on October 31st.

Alot can happen in five days, allthough I still dont believe they will have revamped the entire menu system but one can always hope.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they left it untouched, eventually fixed some bugs and such. Nobody wants to remake something in the last days , besides, i'm sure they had a Data Freeze long before, so remaking the menu would have been out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  You are refering to the german community day where they got to test UT3 latest build at Midway HQ in Germany. They actually didnt test the version that went gold. They tested it on October 26th and the game went gold on October 31st.

Alot can happen in five days, allthough I still dont believe they will have revamped the entire menu system but one can always hope.
                  actually the version they were playin was compiled on october 21st

Comment

Even better.

Tbh, redoing a menu system isnt that big of deal. I mean its not like they would have to mess with the core of the game its more of the layout and a menu is 2D and it cant be that hard to remake that if you really wanted to.

Problem is that they probably dont want to remake it for some unknown reason.

Comment

I hate the scrolling+expanding text - I miss and click the wrong one!

Definately for a console and to help dumb little kiddies read it.

SHAME!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        ...Tbh, redoing a menu system isnt that big of deal...
                        You've obviously never had to write a menu system. GUI programming is not a pleasant experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                          You've obviously never had to write a menu system. GUI programming is not a pleasant experience.
                          It's not that hard, really. The hardest part would be linking the different menu items to the program's functions, and even that should be simple in a well-coded program, no matter the number of functions to link.

I find it as hard to choose a good look for a menu and design it as I do to actually code it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                            I was comparing it to making bigger changes to the game or the game engine which imo in opposite to revamping the menu. In that contrast doesnt make it that big of deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                              It's not that hard, really.
                              Maybe not hard, but finding someone who can do it, do it well, and not kill themselves before they've finished is hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X