Will UT3 Use Directx10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UT3 Use Directx10?

Just a question,... I was wondering because I could better play on a XP pc than a vista pc if it doesn't use dx10..

I have Amd Athlon x2 4200+, 8500GT, 2gb ram... and the demo runs on high (800x600)... but it will not work on full version because there will be more textures ed..?

Well, thx lol.

For DirectX 10 effects in the game you need Windows Vista. The differences in performance issues are driver issues under Windows Vista and Shader 2.0 compatibility under Windows XP with DirectX 9.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph85 View Post
      For DirectX 10 effects in the game you need Windows Vista.
      UT3 does not utilize DX10 for any effects different from DX9. The only thing it does is enable native AA support and uses the DX10 API for perfromance increases.
      Edit: The demo has dX10.

Comment

Hmmmm...I hear some people saying the demo isn't Dx10 then others saying it is, is there some way to tell for sure ?!

Comment

CGA graphics only, sorry

CGA graphics only, sorry, your stuck with it!

Comment

The water effects, for one thing, are more sophisticated in UT3 under DX10. That I've heard so far in other posts on the forum.

Comment

Yeah, at the moment I don't really think it makes too much of a difference though.

Comment

Effects should appear in a different way in DX10....i mean i've watched on youtube crysis engine demos in DX9 and DX10 and the difference was HUGE. Why would UTengine3 look the same in DX9 and DX10 ? Makes no sense....maybe the game will have 2 .exe ... one for DX10 and one for DX9 just like the Lost Planet demo has.... i donno. If UT3 looks the same in DX9 and DX10 it means it dose not take advantage of the DX10 possibilities , and it's just modified a bit in the compatibility section so it can run on Vista , having the same DX9 graphix.

Comment

I may think it has something to do with fairness and equality among all the gamers, seeing the same thing. Running the same DM map and different clients see different water effects, would that effect gameplay in some manner?
                  UT3 was started a DX9 game. Dx10 is still newish, if I am running around focusing on the opponent ready to frag, do I care about water effects? maybe only enough to know its water....
                  It would be fun tho like a map like DM-Galleon redone for UT3 would be more striking...

Comment

Originally posted by dinwitty View Post
                    I may think it has something to do with fairness and equality among all the gamers, seeing the same thing. Running the same DM map and different clients see different water effects, would that effect gameplay in some manner?
                    UT3 was started a DX9 game. Dx10 is still newish, if I am running around focusing on the opponent ready to frag, do I care about water effects? maybe only enough to know its water....
                    It would be fun tho like a map like DM-Galleon redone for UT3 would be more striking...
                    How will the difference in appearance of water affect gameplay? Anyway all the games vary a lot depending on the settings and the capability of user machines. DX10 effects won't affect gameplay anymore than they do. And contrary to a earlier poster, the demo does not have DX10 or we would have seen DX10 vs DX9 screenshots all over the game review sites.

Comment

A game made for Dx10 should run with a significant performance increase over someone running it in Dx9c as well... Not sure if this is the case with UT3 though.

Comment

From Mark Rein himself:
                        DirectX 10 lets us do some things in the engine we can’t normally, but we won’t be using it at launch. Maybe a patch later, I suppose.
                        Source: Bit-tech.net, Nov 11th

Comment

Working...
                        X