No announcement yet.

Sky High Scorpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played many games of UT2004 VCTF and I say this is not an exploit. I've done it a couple times. Pretty fun actually. I tried getting the Bender and SPMA Hellfire up there, but had no luck

Comment

Oh dude, you're an idler.

Comment

That's a good idea. I'll try it out today and say how it went :P

Comment

I thought I was slick for driving the manta up those cables.

Bet somebody thought of that about thirty seconds after the demo came out.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
            I thought I was slick for driving the manta up those cables.

Bet somebody thought of that about thirty seconds after the demo came out.
            The manta was pretty obvious, and it's the way to go to be able to land behind tanks unnoticed about anywhere in the enemy base. The scorpion much less, I tried it for about 20 seconds initially before giving up until someone else confirmed it was possible.

You can have some more fun with the scorpion once you can get it all the way up, with some properly calculated boost jumps:

http://a.chavasse.free.fr/ut3shots/ScreenShot00017.JPG
            http://a.chavasse.free.fr/ut3shots/ScreenShot00023.JPG

I omitted to upload a screenshot of the scorpion on the top of the tall base building on my webpage, but it's where you need to jump from to get on the flag room's roof.

The scorpion has a nice little feature that helps to do this: you can turn on the boost for 3 seconds without moving by taping forward twice, which helps to get just the right amount of acceleration to jump but not too much that you can't stop before falling down on the other side.

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
            Looks fun, you can also line yourself up on the platform near the keg'o'health and hit turbo. If you get it right the scropion looses about 10 health but you are on the far side of the river ready to surprise people coming out of the enemy base.
            That's also the fastest way bare none to get into the enemy's base. The downside is that there is often a tank camping near its spawn point that will rarely miss you (but if it does you can take it out with the self destruct)

Comment

Anybody got the raptor up there yet? I've tried many times but I can't seem to get it there.

Comment

Working...
              X