Don't Steal VEHICLES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Steal VEHICLES!!

With VCTF a recognized out of the box gametype its expected that there will be some new commers to it and i jsut wanted to offer them and anyone else, really, some advise

DON'T STEAL THE F***ING VEHICLE!!!

and by that i mean your teamate's vehicle. If you see a guy standing next to a vehicle, healing it, you do one of 2 things.

you either:
    a) go about your business
    b) help them heal it

You DON'T take it!

this was a rare occurence in 2k4 but its already happened to me 2-3 times on the same server within a week

just don't do it!

zim

agreed...

I'd also like to add that it's nice to wait for a couple seconds when you get the raptor to see if anyone needs a lift....

Comment

Originally posted by dethmanrulz View Post
      agreed...

I'd also like to add that it's to wait for a couple seconds when you get the raptor to see if anyone needs a lift....
      And beep your horn if possible.

Also if you are trying to offer someone a lift, please put your *** in their face. I cant grapple if your turning the vehicle around to look at me.

Comment

That happened to me once in UT2004. I was healing my Scorpion, which I left on its side on the slope of a hill thinking that nobody would want to steal a busted up Scorpion. As I was crouching on one side of the vehicle to hide from a Raptor, one person who was on my team stole the vehicle. That wasn't the only insult. The real peach was that in his theft, he rolled the Scorpion over on top of me, and as luck would have it, FF was enabled. So. I got my vehicle stolen AND got fragged all in one smooth move. Heh, heh, when I spawned back in, I saw the dipwad get owned by the Raptor pilot. Seems his Scorpion was low on health. Gee, I wonder why?

Comment

it is really annoying when people do that. if i aint got a link gun and some one is healing the vehicle. i only jump in if there are opponents in the vicinity. hence protecting the guy who is healing the vehicle. then jump out for him to use. other wise i carry on my business or help with the heal

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
            That happened to me once in UT2004.
            Once? Either you didn't play much ONS, or you must have been really lucky most of the time. :P

Yeah, vehicle stealing is very annoying, happens when you park your manta to get out and heal a node, when you heal the vehicle itself, when you get out to kill aircrafts... And it's going to happen a lot in WAR too, you will see. There are people who play 2k4 for 3 years and still don't have any idea of teamwork or simple kindness. >_>

Comment

When the newcomers play on their servers and the more competitive play on theirs, there should be little concern about this issue. If it still persists, admins can always kick for reason: because you stole my vehicle, *****! =]

Otherwise, I would be more inclined to hop on the other team just to go and hunt that newb down!!!

Comment

You're always going to have kids frolicking towards an empty vehicle with no regard to the owner of it, who is probably putting effort into healing it. Then it takes off.

Comment

I land on a building and heal it (raptor)... few people can steal it then lol.

Comment

It's too bad that these same people are the ones that would be most likely to abuse any sort of reputation system that might penalize such poor behavior.

Comment

This has already happened to me a few too many times while playing the demo. I feel like I have to park my raptor or manta in an out of the way location to heal it... not so that I don't get shot at by the opposing team, but because I am afraid of a teammate stealing my vehicle!

Yesterday I parked my raptor at my base and began healing it back from 10 healthpoints... some yahoo runs up, waits for me to finish healing it, and then jumps in and flys off!!! Needless to say, I WAS ******. I then proceeded to publicly broadcast the following message:

SOMEONE ON BLUE (the other team) PLEASE KILL OUR RAPTOR!!!

Comment

That happened to me once in UT2004. I was healing my Scorpion, which I left on its side on the slope of a hill thinking that nobody would want to steal a busted up Scorpion. As I was crouching on one side of the vehicle to hide from a Raptor, one person who was on my team stole the vehicle. That wasn't the only insult. The real peach was that in his theft, he rolled the Scorpion over on top of me, and as luck would have it, FF was enabled. So. I got my vehicle stolen AND got fragged all in one smooth move. Heh, heh, when I spawned back in, I saw the dipwad get owned by the Raptor pilot. Seems his Scorpion was low on health. Gee, I wonder why?
                        Lol, I guess that's what he gets for not being a good team member. Instead of helping you heal the Tank, he stole it and died later on. Kinda sucks also.

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
                          Once? Either you didn't play much ONS, or you must have been really lucky most of the time. :P
                          I should have indicated that that was a one time incident, but yes, I have had vehicles stolen plenty of times. But the only one I actually remembered was time I got fragged by a teammate in the process.

Comment

I should have indicated that that was a one time incident, but yes, I have had vehicles stolen plenty of times. But the only one I actually remembered was time I got fragged by a teammate in the process.
                            Oh, my bad. Thought the "that" refered to the vehicle stealing in general. >_< Would have been quite a suprise if someone encountered that problem only once in UT, hence my question. :P

Comment

No one wants to hear it, but this is why you need maps like HEATRAY.
                              If someone wants to **** around with vehicles a la Vigilante 8
                              VDM keeps them out of the standard DM, CTF, WAR modes.
                              And VDM can be pretty **** fun too.

Comment

Working...
                              X