Having problems Overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Go to overclock.net and read all the stickies. No free lunch here. You either learn to do it the right way safely, or you shouldn't be messing with the settings at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An OC of the cpu usually requires you to reduce other settings like memory and fsb speed or multipliers such that when you increase the cpu frequency, the limits of the bus and memory are not exceeded. You should visit overclockers.com and other sites, they have step by step instructions posted. Asking how to do it on these forums is a bit off topic, besides the info you get may or may not be valid for your system.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Having problems Overclocking

Having problems Overclocking

I'm hoping someone else here has the abit IN9 32-MAX MB because I am having all kinds of problems OCing my 2.4 Ghz Q6600 which I know can be OCed up to at least 3.3 Ghz. I am used to the Asus OCing utility which basically did all the work for you. You just had to enter the amount in percent to OC your CPU ... no fussing with anything else. Now though I am presented with FSB speed, Bus Speed and multipliers, and voltage, etc. and I have never dealt with this stuff when it comes to OCing. I have 4 Gigs of PC6400 DDR2 800 Mhz Ram (patriot) that is rated at 4-4-4-12 if that helps. Any assistance at all anyone can give me would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.
Working...
X