This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devs are like politicians or pop stars?

yeah as a long time freak in the scene i play games over 20 years now and sure everybody should have noticed that the gaming scene expanded very much !
    before it was hobby, now it's a $$$$$$$$ business just like hollywood etc. many games feel like hollywood fast food.....

but what sucks most is that DEVELOPERS don't communicate with us anymore really. they only give some comments which doesn'T help us, they donÄ't comment and fulfill our wishes like this gamespy **** etc. they obviously have special deals, it's all ABOUT MONEY !

how long do they want to act like this? i will buy ut3, not now but later perhaps, but i prefer some smaller dev groups where they are talking to you and think about your ideas etc.

how long will it continue? i guess like everything else it will continue like this because there are too many players who don'T think about this and cannot show them (in not buying the title asap) that they cannot rule us as they want. it's like M$, most people hate their product but vista is succesful......

i'm not commenting about ut3, i only played the beta demo, i think ut3 will be cool but it's about the reaction of the dev team which makes me vomiting.

Developers = poorly paid slave-monkeys.
    Developing company CEO's and Publisher managers = slavedrivers that get rich with the works of others.

See also:

Biowar, it's CEO's and EA.

Comment

The dev team are probably under strict company orders not to give us any information. As to the reasons why, or where the orders came from (Epic brass or Midway brass) - one can only speculat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caine View Post
        many games feel like hollywood fast food.....
        Fast food? I would say "slow food". While just a few years (5,6,7) ago a decent game could be finished within a year or two - now it's more like three or four - even more if the teams were the same size.

Originally posted by Caine View Post
        they obviously have special deals, it's all ABOUT MONEY !
        Definition of Money: Money is a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions. Everything is money... or time. I would say it's all about TIME.

Are people getting spoiled more and more? Thats my question.

Contra:true
        Lert:true

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
          Developers = poorly paid slave-monkeys.
          Developing company CEO's and Publisher managers = slavedrivers that get rich with the works of others.

See also:

Biowar, it's CEO's and EA.
          101% the truth

Comment

Working...
          X