ANOTHER performance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER performance problem

i've got absolutely everything working in the demo, except for some reason it keeps randomly crashing, the screen goes completely black and doesn't go back to normal until i turn of the computer, but as i turn off the computer it goes to desktop, but until it is completely off i can here the ambient sound from the map i was on

Edit: at first i thought my card or cpu were overheating but i noticed that they were both fine temperatures

Same for me. I'm sure its a beta issue since I dont get that problem in any games except ones that are beta. Like Vanguard: Beta would crash the exact same way.

Its beta. It "should" and most likely is fixed for the Gold version. I find that a restart helps alot with that issue. I also found it happened alot more when I was using a certain set of Nvidia drivers.

Comment

interesting, maybe i should try changing my cards driver, or maybe I'll just have to wait for the full version, or maybe epic will be super duper nice and release a new non-beta demo at the same time as the release

Comment

Its beta driver stuff 99.9%. If you press CTRL+ALT+DEL in Vista it will drop you to desktop and say that "Video driver has crashed and was restarted".

Comment

thanks, i know its probably drivers then, I'm using omega now which i think is technically third party so i shall try some of the official drivers maybe it will help

Comment

I'm using 162.18 in XP for a 6800 GT OC. When using the newer drivers I found I crashed alot. Got into game all of once before I rolled back to the previous driver.

Comment

i just tried three different drivers and as you said the newer ones for some reason crash more, i have found one that crashes much less, but the problem still persists that it is crashing at all, so i am just confused now

Comment

I had this problem and i fixed it by doing this.

if you are using vista update your drivers thought windows update. DONT install the ones from nvidia as this is the problem. this fixed my problem perfectly and its never happend since

Comment

**** it, i wish i had vista now, im using an ati card on xp, so maybe there is a similliar thing i can do for xp?

Comment

i never had any issues with XP at all graphics wise. i guess your stuck D:

Comment

you'd think that but i've been through worse with this game, I'll follow this to the end of the earth if i have to!(ut3 is worth it)

Comment

i had the same problem, since i install the new drivers 169.02 for nvidia vcards is ok now,

Comment

why does everyone have nvidia? has anyone worked through this with ati?

Comment

ok i tried catalyst 9.10 and that reduces the crashes allot but still they are still there, maybe there is a problem with how ut interacts with the drivers?

Comment

Some basic things to check if your crashing

Overclocking - if your are overclocking, return all settings to oem or auto or default and check if you still have a problem. You may be able to run everything else with that OC without a problem, that just means the other programs do not stress your hardware as much. You may need to back off on it for this.

Memory - It is not uncommon for memory modules to cause problems. Cheap modules, value ram, are common causes. If you have multiple modules, try removing one at a time and see if your problem goes away.

Overheating - Run with the side panel off and a fan blowing on the motherboard.

Other items - If you have a spare hard drive, try a clean install of only your OS, UT3-demo, and needed drivers, nothing else. (unplug the other drive or drives) And see if the problem goes away.

This may not be a fix for everyone, but you will at least eliminate possible causes.

Comment

Working...
                              X