This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minus well call it hCTF, right?

H meaning hoverboard since you can't get into a vehicle with the flag?

lolz. what is the point of this thread?

Comment

Or perhaps whine&cryCTF :P

Comment

I wanna carry flags in a hellbender and other land vehicles like we use to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
          I wanna carry flags in a hellbender and other land vehicles like we use to be able to.
          you any real vctf player.

Comment

Minus well, lol what?. Are you sure you dont mean Might as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
              i think scrapping the ability to carry the flag in any vehicle except the hoverboard balances it

it makes people have to rely on teamwork more to get the flag back to the base without being blown up, fried, reduced to bones, droned, decapitated, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
                i think scrapping the ability to carry the flag in any vehicle except the hoverboard balances it

it makes people have to rely on teamwork more to get the flag back to the base without being blown up, fried, reduced to bones, droned, decapitated, etc
                that argument is flawed. based entirly on the fact that UT2004 VCTF wasn't some failed gametype where no one worked together.

in UT3 the vehicles are completly useless for flag capping.

o wow! a f***ing hover board! one point of damge and you fall off and good luck not getting damge inducing WHIPLASH back to the base

being able to carry the flag in ground vehicles didn't break UT2004 vctf. it wouldn't break UT3, no matter what anyone says

hey ive got an idea! how about for CTF if you grab the flag your team mates have to use a special gun that shoots a net and have to drag you back! cmon it strengthens teamwork!

dumbest argument ive ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by InvadrZIM View Post
                  hey ive got an idea! how about for CTF if you grab the flag your team mates have to use a special gun that shoots a net and have to drag you back! cmon it strengthens teamwork!

I soooo want that as a mutator

Comment

Originally posted by Sero View Post

I soooo want that as a mutator
                    yea it would be a a fun mutator but if it was a built in game mechanic all the CTF players would s*** bricks and it would be changed faster than you can say "cancel my preorder"

appearently VCTF players arn't weighted as heavily

Comment

Originally posted by warwhore View Post
                      Minus well, lol what?. Are you sure you dont mean Might as well?
                      hahahaha!

MinusWell is my new gamespy ID.

Comment

Seriously, I know we used to be able to do things differently in 2k4, but it's not that big of a change. The hoverboard is effective when you're clear of pursuit. Your team mates can give you a tow pretty easy. And worst case scenario, you can walk the thing home. It's really not that hard.

You're complaining because something changed. And it's not even a major change. vCTF in 2k4 was a lot more offensively oriented. This puts a little more of the focus on defense. Adapt and move on.

Comment

If flagrunner fall from hoverboard, another should take it. Vehicles cover foor players back. How this is played now i liked more, because you now rely on teamplay.

But VCTF now is better to play with friends and voice chat, because when nobody help you cap flag its not fun because game turns to vTDM or vSpawnCamp

Comment

Originally posted by Roulette View Post
                            You're complaining because something changed. And it's not even a major change. vCTF in 2k4 was a lot more offensively oriented. This puts a little more of the focus on defense. Adapt and move on.
                            this is exactly what my last point examplified.

if they changed anything else with the other "classic" gametypes there would be a revolt. but VCTF players ar told to shut up and take it

im not gonna adapt. VCTF is a tried and true "classic" gametype now and deserves to be treated the same way. as do its players

Comment

what teamwork? often times, flag carrier just go in with jump boots and solo it back anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X