No huge 1-on-1 maps and no cheating bosses, I hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No huge 1-on-1 maps and no cheating bosses, I hope

What I mean is that for some reason 1-on-1 maps are huge in UT2004. A 5 minutes game end up in like 10 kills... Really really boring...

2 guys running around in a big map makes the game take too long, so I really hope that 1-on-1 maps are as huge as heatray at most.

And I really hope the bosses don't cheat this time...

I was playing UT the other day... Very low skill, just to waste some time... When I got to Xan, man, that dude cheats... Even in a low skill whe was a pain in the ***** to deal with.

Well... Now I'm at 2004. Facing Malcolm in Hyperblast 2. Gee, that map is huge... It toke me 3:45 minutes to see him for the first time... FIRST TIME... 3:45 wasted minutes running around. I got 199 Health and 150 Shield, and I was loading a 3 rocket combo in my laucher, got really close to him, fired, he ate the 3 rockets and didn't die... Seems like he already spawns with shield, ****, well... The worst part is that he killed my with the link gun... Shot me like 3 times... 3 TIMES! 199/150 gone, all gone...

Well, bosses should be tough... But not cheaters ¬¬

So I hope they made it right this time :]

UT2004 was low scoring due to the shield gun and the ridiculous power of hitscan weapons. map size for 2k4 wasnt bad at all. learn to use the audio cues and you can find anyone anywhere on any map

as for the bosses... um they are bosses, they arent meant to be easy to defeat.

Comment

well... the map is HUGE, i can hear a **** thing... and well, they should be tough, yes, but not cheaters, please... I was just using god mode to see something about him... He took 3 shots of flak cannon, without shield, to die... Hum... I rocketed his **** head, and he died because he fell from the arena... Started again, after 2 minutes he killed me one time, and was already using adrenaline combos... If that ain't cheating, then using god mode isn't either... I spent 20 minutes chasing him in godmode, and killed him only 7 times...

-.-

1-on1 games should be quick...

Comment

I agree with the map sizes...they could be ridiculous. Hyperblast2 is a good example. No amount of audio cues could help you there.

Comment

But c'mon - It's Malcolm! The Chuck Norris of UT :P

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
            But c'mon - It's Malcolm! The Chuck Norris of UT :P
            Word brother!

Comment

UT2k4 had some amazing 1on1 maps and with the fast movement and good audio cues matches were really intense and score way more than 10 kills total in 10 minutes. I'm worried about UT3 1on1 maps, as the DM map pool isn't that huge, and may only contain maps around the size of Heatray or Shangri'La. Now on Shangri'La, 15 minute duel can end up with scores like 5-3.

Of coures playing some cheating bot in hyperblast is another thing, but who cares about that? It's just a single player boss.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusPM View Post
                What I mean is that for some reason 1-on-1 maps are huge in UT2004. A 5 minutes game end up in like 10 kills... Really really boring...

2 guys running around in a big map makes the game take too long, so I really hope that 1-on-1 maps are as huge as heatray at most.

And I really hope the bosses don't cheat this time...

I was playing UT the other day... Very low skill, just to waste some time... When I got to Xan, man, that dude cheats... Even in a low skill whe was a pain in the ***** to deal with.

Well... Now I'm at 2004. Facing Malcolm in Hyperblast 2. Gee, that map is huge... It toke me 3:45 minutes to see him for the first time... FIRST TIME... 3:45 wasted minutes running around. I got 199 Health and 150 Shield, and I was loading a 3 rocket combo in my laucher, got really close to him, fired, he ate the 3 rockets and didn't die... Seems like he already spawns with shield, ****, well... The worst part is that he killed my with the link gun... Shot me like 3 times... 3 TIMES! 199/150 gone, all gone...

Well, bosses should be tough... But not cheaters ¬¬

So I hope they made it right this time :]
                the endboss in ut2k4 were very easy, just wait for them to jump through space towards the shield on the other side, and shoot them once with a shock rifle (they fall into deep space)

Comment

idd Nacher
                  but i remember a 1on1 match on DM-Ironic which ended with a single frag in overtime but the match was so intense taht it wasn`t borign at all.
                  None of the players was risking too much and every battle ended with both players to be really low on health. So 15mins with 1 frag.
                  A game develops. In early ut2k4 days it was played differently tahn today with aim only. GitzZz maybe was the one showing how aimbased the game is and it started to be aim only.

Comment

even now, i regularly play UT2k4 1on1 with my friends on LAN.
                    Ironic, Spirit, Rankin, Roughinery, Glorian.
                    10 min game.
                    most of the times, the scores are around 14 to 20, for BOTH = ~35 frags total in a 10min 1on1.
                    sometimes it ends up 30/5 though...when someone manages to go dominating.

NB: we all use shield gun but we dont play Cat&Mouse with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X