This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

points for the thread title tbh

If they'd remove the naming limitations or have the ini's be handled like before so we could ignore the login and keep our settings I'd be happy already..

I don't know much about gamespy as a company, who they are, if they do anything beyond providing sub-par services at the cost of not allowing nickname changes, but I can't imagine them being actual gamers..

The most positive reaction towards gamespy tends to be "I don't care".

Comment

Gamespy is bad... but doesnt that mean someday some1 will catch him and kill him?
      i mean, he IS a spy...
      i sure hope so cuase hes ruining games one by 1...

Comment

T.T i cant even play Enemy Territory Quake Wars online! infact no id game i have i can play online now! T.T

Comment

Originally posted by devnulll View Post
          This is from UT99 UnrealTournament.ini:

[Engine.GameEngine]
          ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
          ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
          ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
          ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
          ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
          That means nothing, that just means Gamespy's master server was an external master you COULD use, if you were using Gamespy's EXTERNAL browser. The first master, unreal.epicgames.com, was the only thing used in-game.

As for the question, why Gamespy, I'm sure it made them some money, and it makes the game mediocre in yet another way, which seems to be their big goal this time around.

RIP Epic.

Comment

So... If UT uses gamespy -> No online Play for me
            No online games for me -> Wont buy it -> Will probably download it...

Sorry but Gamespy should immediatly die.

BTW: Im not saying that i WILL download it...

Comment

I wonder how long it takes for you guys to realise that Mark Rein doesnt give a **** about you. He just took the cheapest and easyest way, like every commercial company does.

Comment

Why, oh why are good franchises ruined by gamespyware, or rolled over by the Steamroller?

Comment

Originally posted by Jovas View Post
                  I wonder how long it takes for you guys to realise that Mark Rein doesnt give a **** about you. He just took the cheapest and easyest way, like every commercial company does.
                  Not true, unless the cheapest way is the best way Too make money.... wich aint always the thing

Comment

SPECIAL DEALS and money i think as always...

Comment

Working...
                    X