Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Geforce 8800 GTS runs hits 71 degrees... bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unrealkiller View Post
    how do u guyz find out the temp of vid card?

i have pc wizard but it doesn't show that
    I have Gainward's card, it came with EXPERTool software which can display its temperature. Also, latest SpeedFan build (4.33) can do the same.

Comment

Normal Temp mine runs exactly the same, don't worry bout it

try http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

speedfan will tell u temps of multiple components and you can also test your HDD's performance to see if it's gona fail on you.

Comment

mine goes upto 92 with Bioshock. Really seems game dependant becuase other games even go just to 75 or 85. But the max was Bioshock, which was the game that convinced me it was time for the upgrade (not to mention the killer deal).

Comment

NVIDIA video GUI has a thermal monitor in XP and LINUX, probably vista as well.

Comment

Yes it does, check under "Voltage, Temperature and Fans" (the one with the little analog meter icon on the left)

Thanks guys, that makes me feel a little better

Comment

Originally posted by Tasties View Post
              Ya that would be a problem if it were your cpu.

But for Gpu's thats low. Ive heard some of PNY's gt's are getting as hot as 90*c(which is a little hot. I wouldnt be comfortable with that temp. If it gets over 95 Id RMA it).
              For RMA

1) Don't remove Sticker from your card
              2) Don't ship card for RMA unless specifically instructed to do so

:/ I'm a freaking idiot and can no longer Step-up my card or get it replaced (voided the warranty by removing the sticker on the card). Expensive lesson learned. I'm sure most of you are like "DUH!"

As for the thread topic. I have two cards in SLI mode, one runs @ 61, the other at 70.. I always figured the one card was blowing hot air on the other?!?

Comment

at least you can even GET sli. stoopid nvidia drivers dont support sli in vista yet (thats what i was told resently at least)

Comment

I tried Vista. I updated memory and that's when I bought the two new cards. Didn't like Vista... reinstalled XP. And thats when my Nvidia drivers said:
                  "One of your cards is not receiving sufficient power. Your settings were changed to avoid damage."

Vista didn't even recognize that problem. Was probably only a matter of time until I fried that thing with Vista.

So I don't doubt that the Nvidia drivers aren't working properly with Vista.

Comment

Working...
                  X