Canister Gun???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canister Gun???

I'm very surprised,but there's NO any information about weapon called "Canister Gun".I know,Epic made Bio-Rifle separate gun,but...there is one file in beta demo folder...It's called WP_CanisterGun.upk.Will this gun appear in the game or not?This file can be found in this folder: Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\CookedPC

I remember hearing about it. Totally forgot though. Would rather not see it to be honest.

Comment

Probably for WARfare maps.

Comment

AFAIK, it's been removed completely.

Comment

No canister gun, but there are several new deployables to take its place, and some of its previous functionality has been rolled into other weapons, like the Longbow.

Comment

Off Topic: Who decided to call it the "Longbow Avril" ??

AVRiL was cool as-is, no need for the Longbow part.

Comment

It sounds better than AVRiL Mk II. Hardly important either way.

Comment

i remember when i first heard the name longbow (didnt see any avirl part) i was like "OMG SWEET LONGBOW IN UT3 "

alas.... anyone remeber the ut sword? yea...

Comment

I think they named it "longbow" due to its new features that go beyond of the anti-tank weapon concept (f.e. the new guided spider mine capabilities).

Comment

I thought the canister rifle was going to be the spidermine launcher, ut2004 style flak secondary shell launcher, and like 1 or 2 weapons rolled into one. I guess not. oh well. Im glad they kept the biorifle. and the avril is way better in UT3 imo.

Comment

never had heard of the long bow

Comment

Originally posted by Eixo View Post
                        I thought the canister rifle was going to be the spidermine launcher, ut2004 style flak secondary shell launcher, and like 1 or 2 weapons rolled into one. I guess not. oh well. Im glad they kept the biorifle. and the avril is way better in UT3 imo.
                        The original intention was Bio/SpiderMines/StickyNades combined into one, then the Bio was split off. After that talk about the CanisterGun kinda dropped off

Comment

The canister gun got canned.

Comment

Working...
                          X