Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we have had previous UnrealEd experience with UT2004...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we have had previous UnrealEd experience with UT2004...

How much harder will it be to learn the new version of UnrealEd if we've had say, 3 years of Ued experience?

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
    How much harder will it be to learn the new version of UnrealEd if we've had say, 3 years of Ued experience?
    I guess it would depend on what your experience is. For example, all of my Ued experience consists of staring at the screen, yelling, "You $%^% $&*^$, why won't you &$#*& work!?!?"

Comment

hell, iv been modding for years (7 years ! lol) and i remember my transition from Ued 2 to Ued 3. i will put it this way: it took me a year towork out how to place water (i thought id stay old skool and not look @ volumes. that was the dumbest mistake i ever made lol )

all i can say is for the new Ued, i will learn every feature and not have a problem (hopefuly )

Comment

UE2 was really easy to learn after playing with UE1. Practically identical, with some new features. UE3 will most likely be like that. Pretty recognizable and equipped with some new features.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
          I guess it would depend on what your experience is. For example, all of my Ued experience consists of staring at the screen, yelling, "You $%^% $&*^$, why won't you &$#*& work!?!?"
          haha, lol!

Comment

I think the particle features are extremely flexible but have to learn the mechanics to get the effect you look for. I would think the core creation tools are similar. How you go about building a map may change more. Static meshes seem to be the IN thing.

Comment

Just wait for Angel Mapper to make another great Tutorial, her's rocks, I learnt how to map in a day !

Comment

The core tools are very similar, so if you have a solid understanding of UE2, then you should be able to make a basic map no problem. BSP shell, add static meshes, lighting, pickups, pathnodes, etc. More advanced lighting, matinee, material creation, node layouts, etc. will take longer to get used to but not at all impossible.

If you're really interested in learning the new tools, I would definitely recommend getting the Collector's Edition; it has something like 20+ hours of in depth video tutorials and explanations of all the new tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                  If you're really interested in learning the new tools, I would definitely recommend getting the Collector's Edition; it has something like 20+ hours of in depth video tutorials and explanations of all the new tools.
                  Sweet, I got excited when I read this. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a few days ago, and I am glad to hear that there are 20+ hours of in depth video about the tools.

Comment

Working...
                  X