Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock + Stinger combo is best

Comment

I voted stinger, but there's an important vote option missing.

"Depends on the map and situation".

Close quarters, 1 on 1? Bio or Flak.

Medium sized map, maybe a few people? I'm leaning more toward rockets and shock.

Big map, regardless of number of players? Sniper and shock.

This is what makes Unreal so good. There's simply no "best weapon" for everything... but there's always INSTAGIB when you're in that kind of mood!

Comment

IT WAS The flak cannon in every unreal game (including Unreal Championship 2 on the xbox [UC1 sux hard]).

But if the flak continues as it is in UT3, probably the bio rifle is going to replace it as my fav.

Comment

Hands down, the Shock Rifle is the trademark weapon of the UT series and can be the most rewarding when used properly.

Since we're not talking about what weapon is the most effective in UT3, but what is everyones favorite...I would have to say a 50/50 split between Shock and Link.

Comment

can't really say I have a favourite anymore.. UT3 really needs usage over all of them.

shock was my fav back in UT 99 though.

Comment

Too bad we can't see stats on which gun kill the most people. I've got my money on MINIGUN!!!

Comment

I LIKE THEM ALL!!!

Well, single enforcers are kinda weak, but that's to be expected.

-Impact hammer: nice and gore. And quite effective if you put your mind to it
                -enforcer(s): perhaps not bad as a dual-wielding weapon, but not really the best way to frag...just like the default starting weapon should be
                -bio rifle: less floatyness increases the chance someone walks into the goop. The second of 'wtf' before the alt fire detonates onto someone also brings a clear smile to my face
                -shock rifle: shock primary isn't as ├╝ber anymore, but this brings for a better balance between primary, alternate and combo...though most people have yet to find out that 'just' primary or alternate are quite deadly too.
                -link gun: both modes are better than UT2004, but still maintains something for very close range
                -stinger: prefered minigun for medium distances and against pesky vehicles. Perhaps too overpowered (there's something wrong with being able to knock down a tank with it completely), but it may have been luck
                -flak cannon: bio seems the prime choice for very close combat now, but this weapon still manages to retain quite a bit of force. I don't get why the grenade (a fireball now, apparently) goes into such an arc, but it's just a matter of aiming lower than I'm used to.
                -rockets: as great as in UT2004. Potential to be better, but then I have to figure out how to make something deadly of the grenades
                -sniper: at least the crybabies have called it quits and accepted this gun. And for good reason: 70 damage, larger models and a more than decent rate of fire. If it wasn't for the lower weapon switch time, this would have been overpowered. Now it hits the sweet spot: you may even need to use it at close range.

-redeemer: never used this online yet. Seems about the same as the previous ones. The bug where the weapon is displayed where weapon hand=hidden needs to be fixed, though.
                -AVRiL: hard to say: I try to use it, but I rarely get the chance. Others usually gun me down before I can be a real threat to vehicles. Certainly not worse than in UT2004, though.

Comment

Bio Rifle.

Comment

Ive got to vote for the rocket launcher.
                    It looks better this time around and has all 3 firing functions

Bio + Sniper deserve a mention too though.

Comment

Bio and Shock Rifle

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
                        Does anyone else see a suspension bridge being formed out of the poll answers?

Coincidence?
                        Even still it looks like a suspension bridge. I think it's an omen... DON'T DRIVE ON SUSPENSION BRIDGES PEOPLE!

Comment

Biorifle is my favorite. I run around with secondary fire loaded and after I fire that I either recharge (if I got a frag and noone is around) or I switch to another weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by duddley View Post
                            Too bad we can't see stats on which gun kill the most people. I've got my money on MINIGUN!!!
                            Actually when you go online and just randomly pick someone, normally it comes up with the Rox leading for percentage of total kills.

Comment

Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
                              Actually when you go online and just randomly pick someone, normally it comes up with the Rox leading for percentage of total kills.
                              I think mine is probably Flak cannon, I've never looked though. I'm good with other weapons too, I just seem to have the most luck with Flak.

Comment

I'm not really surprised the shock rifle is still winning. It's kind of like Unreal Tournament's trademark gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X