Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Tournament 3 has Gone Gold!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freeseus View Post
    Don't be a suckup.

Gratz Epic.
    No one is being a suck up young man ... I am just telling the truth ... how can you argue against that. Don't you appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this game? I know I do ... an incredible amount!

Comment

Great news !! Can't wait

Comment

great news

Comment

Congrats Epic team!

I sure hope that you guys were able to make the server browser as good as or preferably better than the UT 2004 browser and that you fixed all of the bugs and many annoyances that people complained about. Now it's time to take a week or two off before having to come back and deal with bug reports and the preparation of the first patch.

Can't wait to play the full game. UT3...UT99-2...the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
            All-New Cinematics Trailer Now Available
            wth does this mean anyway??

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
              ......the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!
              Oh noes!! Boringness!!

Sorry. I just find pure foot action really boring, and that's the reason I only ever played the 99 demo.

But it's nice to know people still exist to keep the game alive.

Comment

maybe i'm just missing something, but how does it go gold if it's not even out yet? Do they gauge this off the amount of downloads?

I thought this was figured sorta in the same way as music, by the amount of copies they sold. You don't hear of music artists singing about how their demo track went platinum do you? Maybe I'm just lost....

**edit**

I found this:

Every month EGM's crack squad of game reviewers puts the newest releases through their paces, and evaluates them on a 10-point scale. a platinum award goes to those exceedingly rare games that get a perfect 10-point score from each of the four reviewers; a gold goes to those that average 9 or higher; a silver goes to those that average 8 or higher. every aspect of the game is examined and rated, including visuals, sound, ingenuity and replay. you can rest assured that every award-winning game has passed through the very tiny eye of a very tiny needle.

is this what they are basing it off of? *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
                  No one is being a suck up young man ... I am just telling the truth ... how can you argue against that. Don't you appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this game? I know I do ... an incredible amount!
                  You are beeing a suckup.
                  I appreciate all the hard work.. but i dont want to be disappointed again like i was with ut2k3 and ut2k4. I want this game to be good. All the mentioned fixed are a must!

Gratz Epic for Gold, lets hope it was not too early and the fixes are done!

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                  Can't wait to play the full game. UT3...UT99-2...the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!
                  i sure hope your right!

Comment

Congratulations. The more I have played the beta, the more I have loved it. Surprisingly an improvement over 2004, which i think is the best game in the history of the known and unknown universe.

I will tell the family to count me out for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Felerian01 View Post
                      You are beeing a suckup.
                      I appreciate all the hard work.. but i dont want to be disappointed again like i was with ut2k3 and ut2k4. I want this game to be good. All the mentioned fixed are a must!

Gratz Epic for Gold, lets hope it was not too early and the fixes are done!

i sure hope your right!
                      Well than start another thread .... if I am being a suckup because I have a great appreciation for all they have put into this game while still making it playable on low end/mid range rigs then you are being a whiner complaining about trivial things that don't affect gameplay if you have any skills at all. Epic is good about patching things ... that goes without saying ... you don't need to tell them how to make the patch on a congratulations thread. You start another thread and address your concerns on that thread. If you can't inderstand then so be it...

Comment

All-New Cinematics Trailer Now Available
                        i want theese new stuff while the game isnt in my local store!!!!1 (which here in brazil will porbably happen only in december or even 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by rythem View Post
                          maybe i'm just missing something, but how does it go gold if it's not even out yet? Do they gauge this off the amount of downloads?

I thought this was figured sorta in the same way as music, by the amount of copies they sold. You don't hear of music artists singing about how their demo track went platinum do you? Maybe I'm just lost....

**edit**

I found this:

Every month EGM's crack squad of game reviewers puts the newest releases through their paces, and evaluates them on a 10-point scale. a platinum award goes to those exceedingly rare games that get a perfect 10-point score from each of the four reviewers; a gold goes to those that average 9 or higher; a silver goes to those that average 8 or higher. every aspect of the game is examined and rated, including visuals, sound, ingenuity and replay. you can rest assured that every award-winning game has passed through the very tiny eye of a very tiny needle.

is this what they are basing it off of? *shrug*
                          Going Gold just means that they are done coding the game and will start the final verification tests and then start packaging it and sending it out to distributors.

Comment

Man, this is going to be one LONG wait for me. 22 days, aargh!

Well, at least I have a deadline to get my 8800GT 512mb by.

Comment

Request for vacation day already filled out. Oh its on!

Congratulations Epic. Man the wait has been so long, so long. I cant believe it is finally time.

UT3 + Gears = A very tired but happy Mr._>X<_

Comment

Well, here it is, the official announcement!
                                Great! And yet it still goes in 'general chat'

Comment

Working...
                                X