Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On which operating system do you plan to play UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista 32 FTW!

Comment

lol @ grim

Everyone knows Vista sucks, sorry mate...

Comment

I wish I could say Vista sucks, but that would be an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuuku View Post
          lol @ grim

Everyone knows Vista sucks, sorry mate...
          Wrong! I don't get this misconception that is going around but Vista doesn't suck ... it is still a young OS and it is doing very well for such a new OS. Drivers are getting better all the time ... as seen by the 169 beta ... that thing really added performance to my gaming.

Comment

XP FTW, noticible performance increase from Vista to XP

Comment

Originally posted by thegrimreaper3 View Post
              Vista 32 FTW!
              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
                Same here.
                Same again Vista is great but whats the diff between Vista 32 bit & 64 bit? (I have 32 bit...)

Comment

Originally posted by Epickiller View Post
                  Same again Vista is great but whats the diff between Vista 32 bit & 64 bit? (I have 32 bit...)
                  That's the word size, basically the number of bits that the system stores and/or manipulates as a whole.

Comment

I have both OS, but I really have no use for Vista atm.

Comment

XP 32bit.
                      I keep a windows partition for games, so I don't get distracted when working on my linux partition.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
                        XP FTW, noticible performance increase from Vista to XP
                        How much of a difference?

I am still dual booting between the 32bit versions of Vista and XP Pro, but mainly use Vista now.

Comment

an extra average 15 - 20 fps apparently. Baring mind it's just a demo, I wouldn't justify using xp just because it works on a demo better than Vista. I have an extremely **** gfx card and my demo works ok.

Comment

I voted for WinXP 32bit, but I´d give linux a try as well, in case UT3 will support it.

Comment

XP32 for UT3 on my current hardware. I will also get it for PS3.

As for Vista, if your hardware is good enough then gaming on Vista will be a pleasant experience. UT3 for me was not fun on Vista but much better on XP Pro. I can play UT2004 on Vista @ 1600x1200 full spec and get well over 60fps on a busy server and my hardware is old. My FPS only drops below 30fps when the AntiCC checking kicks in mid game.

If you are having trouble playing games on Vista (ignoring any major well known issues which have not yet been fixed and after you installed the 2 compatibility patches released by Microsoft) then you probably need to upgrade your hardware. It's as simple as that and that's what I will be doing in the near future when Intel and nvidia release their new line of processing units. QX6950 here I come!

The major issues I mentioned would include the DX10 patch for Company of Heroes which reduced an overclocked 768MB 8800GTX (might have been an Ultra, I don't remember) at 1600x1200 to run under 10fps! The CPU was a Core 2 Quad, possibly a Q6600.

Comment

Working...
                              X