• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept to final?

[shot]http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/hal/ut2007/screen09.jpg[/shot]

Wow, that's the concept art for VCTF-Suspense

what the hell happened?

A map like the concept would take too long to create.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyVercetti View Post
      A map like the concept would take too long to create.
      Not really

Comment

I like the setting shown in the concept most of all, I doubt that would be difficult to create. The other think I don't care for is the lighting setup for the one in the beta, the all too bright and sunny lighting makes the textures look washed out.

Comment

Some things are just too hard on the GPU, etc., and don't contribute to the gameplay.

I also think the concept art looks cool, but they need to make a game that plays reasonably well on mid level computers.

Comment

Concept art and the final product rarely ever match exactly. Most if not all concept art is done be someone who will never even touch the 3D version. Its up to the 3D artist to try and match the concept as close as possible if the concept art is the final vision of the art director. If its not, then in most cases their is some artistic freedom on the part of the 3D artist.

Personally, like you, i like the concept art more than the level in the 'beta' demo. The color palette and details are better and the surrounding view is much more interesting. Concept artists don't have polygon or vertex count limitations so you cant blame the 3D artist. The 3D artist can only do the best job he can to retain that feeling and atmosphere found in the concept art.

Comment

Uhm..

I remember seeing a map very much like that in the recent PS3 interview (where there was a robot which I couldnt quite hear what he was saying).

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe that's another Suspense that has the same layout but with a different theme, like the "Face" maps series, FaceClassic, Face3, etc...

Comment

I remember seeing a map very much like that in the recent PS3 interview
                  it wasn't a picture of vCTF-suspense from the demo was it? Or was it concept art again, or was it ingame?

Comment

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
                    Not really
                    ahh, yes really. just not practical from a visuals to gameplay to how many artists has to hire to pull that kind of thing perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X