Spec Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spec Help

Hi my name is Robert i would like to know if this spec is far good enough to play UT 3 w/o stress , and tell me what levels i be expected to play at EG

Model Detail : High/Very High
    World Detail : Low/medium Etc etc etc....

TY For ur help if u reply

SPEC :

Corsair 2gb Kit (CL4)[4-4-4-12)
    Gigabyte GA M57SLI-S4 SKT AM2 Nvidia MCP55P PCI-E 8Channel audio ATX
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ Socket AM2 Black Edition 3.20GHz
    Sparkle 8600GTS 256MB GDDR3 DVI HDTV PCI-E Graphics Card
    Windows Vista

Please tell me what i need to upgrade if so , i want to upgrade it , i want good performance.

TY very much

Rob

I'd say you could play comfortably on a low/medium setting.

As far as upgrades go -
    Swap out the 8600 and get a decent brand 8800GT (just come out).

If you have a bit more money to spend, convert your system to intel and get a Q6600 CPU. If you only have a couple of hundred to spend, the GPU is the way to go.

Comment

So rest of spec is A Ok?

just to upgrade the GPU ?

if so thanx vry much for the advice

Comment

well, you could save money and not upgrade anything while still getting good fps (just at low details).

But if you were to go for anything - get the Geforce 8800GT 512MB. It may take a little while to find (I think its officially released on the 29th October), but its worth hanging in there for.

How does the demo run on your computer?

Comment

Is this new video card 8800GT a good 1 ?

Comment

it wont even run mate ,

Pentium 4 2.7ghz
            radeon 9550
            1gb
            35 quid motherboard

it wont even boot up
            im building an entire new rig so im posting here cos i dont wanna screw everythying up by buyin the wrong stuff.

cheers

Comment

Is this new video card 8800GT a good 1 ?
              At the moment its performing at just under the 8800GTX's level. And it costs (I believe) just less than the 8800GTS 320MB. So yep, great value for money card.

im building an entire new rig so im posting here cos i dont wanna screw everythying up by buyin the wrong stuff.
              If you haven't yet ordered your computer, take a look at your budget and see if you could get a setup that uses an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It may be too much for you, in which case stick to your budget and go with AMD.

Why are you upgrading to vista?

Comment

im upgrading to vista for DX10
                i want a fully compatible DX10 card

Comment

ok i made a new spec going intel now , tell me what u think of this and what u think of it

Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) CL4(4-4-4-12)

XFX 8600GTS XXX version 256MB DDR3 DVI PCI-E Graphics Card (CANT FIND 8800GT)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache

ECS G33T-M2 V1.0 Socket 775 Intel G33 Chipset

TY

Comment

ok i made a new spec going intel now
                    specs look good.

I haven't heard of the mobo though. I still reckon it would be worth waiting a bit for the 8800GT to become available.

But again, don't go over your budget, you could spend as much as you want on a computer.

Comment

Yep Corruption, after some research thats pretty much exactly what I'm getting too, from what people have been saying I think it should run it pretty well.

Comment

after some research thats pretty much exactly what I'm getting too
                        and me... just as I have to save up all my money from scratch, it could change given whatever comes out over the next few months.

Comment

na na na it will be around december - january b4 i buy the rig

i just put 8600 in there so i roughly know a price to pay

thanks for the advice and i cant wait to play

Comment

Please buy a good Asus motherboard instead. Doesn't need to be on of those XTreme Elite XXX stuff but the brand must use good components and have excellent quality control. Dunno what's the best model. Or maybe Gigabyte is better, an so on.

Comment

oki

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 PCI-E Onboard Audio ATX Motherboard

New mobo upgrade there , better??

im on a 430 quid budget and at mom im at 420

im thinking of trading 8600GTS for 2x Radeon 2600XT 256MB

ive been comparing em and thinking the radeons are better any comments on this??

Comment

Working...
                              X