X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by zm634 View Post
    ...and larger maps like HeatRay.
    What you mean by that? Heatray isn't that big... i was just playing UT2004 and man, those 1-on1 maps are HUGE. I kept running for like 3 minutes without seeing my opponent ¬¬

1-on-1 maps should be no bigger than Gael :]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it just me, or does the RANGE of the impact hammer seem greater than the shield gun?

Like I noticed that you don't really have to bump right into the guy like in UT04. In fact, in UT3 I accidently kill ppl from just doing a 180 spin .

Anyways, I was just wondering if there really is a range difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    haha i won whole DM games with just a impacthammer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you sleep, are you even human?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol.. I just checked my stats and I have had near 500 hammer kills. Yeah, hammer sucks.

I did have a buddy who was doing the same thing. Using the alt fire. We were testing today and he knocked a shieldbelt off me with one hit. I think the alt-fire is going to be my best friend against "Pro" players who like to hit every power up and shield in the place...hehehe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea i haven't had much luck with this yet either, i need to practise more but from what i can gather it actually doesn't take full damage 1 hit 1 kill. Or i might be doing something wrong, in a DM anything can happen with fire comming from all sides so you most likely will get 1 hit 1 kill coz no many will be at full health. In UT99 you needed to be at full health AND have the shield belt on in order to survive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zm634 View Post
    Though, we still need the option to put the impact hammer at higher priority than the enforcer.
    can't you? i know you can alter the priority of weapons as i've done so with the deemer. are you saying that for some reason the IH is just not configurable?

Originally posted by traumatism View Post
    ut 99 was the same way around. secondary was rapind and the primary was hold to increase damage
    ut99 is the same game as utGOTY. GOTY just includes free downloadable stuff and is patched to 432.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ut 99 was the same way around. secondary was rapind and the primary was hold to increase damage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i was using alt fire to attack people ><

sorry.

I guess i thought it was like goty impact hammer where primary fire was like, rapid stuff. the animation is very misleading.

Though, we still need the option to put the impact hammer at higher priority than the enforcer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iron12 View Post
    You must be playing a different game then UT3.
    lol yeah

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Plus they added some things to it... if your opponent has the damage amp, you can knock it off of them (did that a couple of times)...

And it's very helpful in vehicle CTF when someone tries to run you over with the manta.

Don't know about the less than 100% damage though... i usually just cap people in the face with the enforcer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the new impacthammer rulz, but I miss the ability to disable enemy vehicles with the emp attack.
    Didn't Epic say, that they bring this feature in to keep Deathmatch elements in Warfare ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You must be playing a different game then UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you are joking right? i have had numerous kills in deathmatch with the impact hammer with one hit kill straight after spawn.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What happened to the impact hammer?

What happened to the impact hammer?

** never mind

The only way the melee weapons were balanced in 2k4 and GOTY is that at normal health, they were one hit kills when charged. In UT3 you don't get face to face often enough to use it, with the removal of dodge-jumps and larger maps like HeatRay. Also it seems if you charge that thing up, it does at most 80 damage and you get knocked away from your opponent. It's almost a pointless weapon now.

Also, why can't you change it's priority in the weapon list? In 2k4, I'd always put the shield gun above the assault rifle, as it was a much better weapon to start out with. Of course, with it being fully nerfed, there's not much reason I'd want to.
Working...
X