Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP vs Vista perfomance (anyone with dual boot?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP vs Vista perfomance (anyone with dual boot?)

Not the visual but the perfomance difference... can anyone with dual boot confirm the difference between the two? I want to know if its worth to go from Vista back to XP.

I replied in your OTHER thread, making 2 threads isn't a good idea.

Comment

Dx10 is not supported in the beta demo like it will be in the full version.

This is an unfair comparison until the retail is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
        Dx10 is not supported in the beta demo like it will be in the full version.

This is an unfair comparison until the retail is here.
        Very fair actually you act as if XP shipped with DX9, Vista should but doesn't run DX9 worth ****. Seeing as Microsoft wants people to believe its superior for gaming, it not running DX9 games as good as its predecessor isn't a good showing of that now is it. Vista is a steaming pile of ****, until they get some service packs and updates to fix there OS.

Comment

I have both XP64 and Vista 64 i playing demo most the time with XP the performance very well strong than Vista 64, dont know whats the problem with Vista it must be better in gaming .

Comment

I have a dual boot vista/xp and the performance in my opinion is the same. I'm getting the same FPS on both systems but the gfx in vista looks a little better imho. I thought the ut3 demo supported directx 10 in vista? I thought it was set in the ini file on my vista 32 system. Anyhow, it looks better in vista, but since there are so many bugs in vista, I'll stick with xp..

Comment

Originally posted by darkmantis View Post
              I have a dual boot vista/xp and the performance in my opinion is the same. I'm getting the same FPS on both systems but the gfx in vista looks a little better imho. I thought the ut3 demo supported directx 10 in vista? I thought it was set in the ini file on my vista 32 system. Anyhow, it looks better in vista, but since there are so many bugs in vista, I'll stick with xp..

wtf?> how can it "look" better in vista? If they are both dx9 i cant see how that is possible.

Comment

I'd like to get more feedback about this, since I have both XP & Vista Basic for my Dell...
                Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                I replied in your OTHER thread, making 2 threads isn't a good idea.
                Where is that thread please?

Comment

i am having all kinds of problems running dx9 games in vista64. so far UT runs great in vista as of now. i am considering toing a dual boot for XP tho so i can still play other games until microsoft pulls their heads out and makes dx9 work better on vista

Comment

Working...
                  X