Just Wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Wondering

Just wondering will Invasion be inc into the UT3 final stages?
    Just wondering

Quite unlikely.

Comment

Will most likely be a user created mod, some of the UT2004 skaarj could be used I guess.

Comment

I don't thing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
          Quite unlikely.
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Zomg what new modes will be included then :S

Comment

Originally posted by Blinco View Post
              Zomg what new modes will be included then :S
              Well Warfare is new.. it's a combination of ONS, AS and an orb. So basically the orb is new

Comment

some 1 will make it eventually
                http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=576675

Comment

didn't sarge dave say in his thread that he found something about a gametype called "survival" whille snooping through game files.

seems to me i remember the description being alot like invasion

Comment

Looks like regular CTF is dead too! It must be me but I don't like the vehicles and CTF in UT2k4 rocked. Fingers crossed but the hoverboard and trick jumps are what my kid's do!

Is that you Lord Simeon, the mapper from UT days? I reviewed a lot of your work for InSite a while back.

Comment

Invasion would be good if they actually made some real models instead of some old **** from 1999. Reusing skaarj from 2k4 is a big no-no. It will have the same graphical problems that were present in 2k4 invasion.

If they just remake the skaarj, pupae, gasbag etc. and give them ue3 quality graphics then invasion would be fun and feel professional. They should also add some explanation for how the gametype fits in with a tournement based story.

They already have a krall model

this thread has some skaarj models for ut3:
                      http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=168373

and this one:
                      http://pages.prodigy.net/1157/games/ut2007ppms.htm

And if they did the rest of the models now they could reuse them in Unreal III later (If it ever happens).

I actually have considered making a mod for ut2k4 called "Real Invasion" because i am so ****** by the old U1 models. essentially it is the same as normal invasion but all the monsters would get new models. The skaarj can have the stock iron skull models. The rest could be done manually. I would need to reanimate the iron skull skaarj though.

Invasion is a pwnworthy gametype, but the fact that it feels out of place in the tournement style story and that it has **** graphics decreases its enjoyment a lot. Either way, i like it and would love it if epic redid it for UT3. Just make sure you use new models!
                      Invasion is great for co-op over LAN, the most fun i've ever had is a LAN game of invasion with 3 friends.

Comment

Originally posted by clark kent View Post
                        Looks like regular CTF is dead too! It must be me but I don't like the vehicles and CTF in UT2k4 rocked. Fingers crossed but the hoverboard and trick jumps are what my kid's do!
                        The retail version got regular CTF with a TL, don't worry, the beta lacks a number of things that are in the retail version.

Originally posted by TheIronKnuckle View Post
                        Invasion would be good if they actually made some real models instead of some old **** from 1999. Reusing skaarj from 2k4 is a big no-no. It will have the same graphical problems that were present in 2k4 invasion.

If they just remake the skaarj, pupae, gasbag etc. and give them ue3 quality graphics then invasion would be fun and feel professional. They should also add some explanation for how the gametype fits in with a tournement based story.
                        Do you know why the U1 stuff was used for invasion in UT2004? Because having your screen full of UT2004 quality models would have made a computer that came out when UT2004 did melt, same now, if you had 30~ high res models on screen at once even a beast of a machine would crawl.

Originally posted by TheIronKnuckle View Post
                        They already have a krall model
                        So all players that use that model would be confused with the monsters? Not a good idea.

Imo, the Skarrj model from UT2004 and some of the U2 monsters would make great invasion monsters for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by clark kent View Post
                          Is that you Lord Simeon, the mapper from UT days? I reviewed a lot of your work for InSite a while back.
                          No, I'm someone else - we do have the same name it seems. As for mapping, I've only released two maps (so far), both for UT2004

Comment

actually in an another thread, some guy has found some interesting coding in the config/ini files to suggest that their might be a "Survival" game type, which looks like a conversion of the Invasion game type.

edit: spelling

Comment

Working...
                            X