Scorpion Projectile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion Projectile

Those flying balls look like something ripped out of an old 16-bit game, what is this?

this is a beta demo, less then 10% the size of the full game. Thats what it is..

Comment

Meh, i guess, it's just looks like they shoved it into the demo unfinished.

its a demo, but I personally would do my best not to put in a **** projectile....sprite (because thats what it really is) into a game at all. But whatever, game still kicks ***

Comment

it would be better changed to a heavy plazma ball, woulnt be hard

Comment

Yeah if they where a shiny ball of energy they would be easier to see, atm I don't know what to make of them, they're metal with energy inside or something like that, dunno where the scorp would store em all, if they're pure energy your could imagine it's power plant making em.

They home into certain vehicles, the hoverboard (instant death to anyone on it, otherwise you need 2-3 hits to take people out unless your aim is spot on) raptor and mantas, basically all that flies/hovers it seems, dunno about the nemesis and dw, they seem slow enough to not need it. 2 Hits kills the manta pilot and 3 destroys the manta, useful since your team can steal it and keep it. (If they're smart enough not to destroy it).

Comment

yeh thats the only prob i have with them.. i carnt see them being fired at me..

Comment

The projecties are way too big to be shot out of those small turrets.

Comment

why take out the string-ball-energy thing from UT2k4, that was a reasonably original weapon that required some skill (some). This new one is a noob friendly spamagram.

I wish there was a bit more skill involved, it feels like all the originality from UT99 is still going in UT3, but that's all the originality there is.

UT3 still feels great though.

Comment

Yeah, the firt time I played vctf, I tried to pause the game and look at those projectiles. I was seriously like, "WTF?" I really thought they were tires, or debris from something behind the scorpion. I expected them to bounce and roll, not explode. And coming from the four tiny turret barrels, the big, energy-filled toruses were a shock. How do they fit through those barrels?

I really think the four barrels were for the energy-bola, and there were issues with implementation. Still, this is a really odd solution, and I don't expect it to ever look or feel right, even though I'm already sort of used to it.

I still think they should make the scorpion's primary weapon a Ripper, from Ut99. That way, ripper-lovers will have some implementation of their beloved weapon, while there would never be too many in use at one time, and it would be far more in keeping with the scorpion's blade-weapon theme. The secondary fire could still home in on hoverers and explode, like the current flame-ball-grenade does.

Comment

Imo the string stuff sucked against infantry, which is what the scorp was meant to be good against, if you missed with it nothing happened, and even if you hit it took quite some time for them to blow up and they didn't do much dmg, charging it up was also useless against infantry since only the middle one stuck the rest exploded too far away to harm.

The new balls are actually useful against both infantry and vehicles, and they're not super easy to aim (except against mantas, raptors (can go too high to hit though) and hoverboards) the scorp actually feels useful now.

But yes these metal ball things are really odd, as said they wouldn't fit in a barrel that size.

Comment

They look like beach balls coming out and seem to have a unnecessary high rate of fire. - The balls are definitely too big to shoot from the turrets, which some people have already mentioned.

The fact that the weapon locks onto flying vehicles makes it very annoying. Why should it lock onto a vehicle and shoot very accurately at such a HIGH rate of fire....

*Making the game compatible with "new" players is one thing...but making it spammy and deadly accurate is just a poor design perhaps..this is still beta though.

The green plasma string from 2k4 was very reasonable, even a set of turrets sound alright...but this beach ball spam is just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X