Interesting Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Stuff

while digging around the files in the folder i have found some things here and there about
    ---------
    Slow Field Generator
    Spider Mine Trap
    Shaped Charge Det Pack
    Deployable Energy Shield
    ---------
    and a game type called Survival
    with a description of....
    "Stand and fight until you drop. See how many waves can you survive."
    so i think there might be something like invasion dont you think?
    ---------
    strings of specual announcements i think like the old Flak Monkey!
    "Flak Master!" (flak)
    "Head Hunter!"(sniper)
    "Combo King!"(shock core)
    "Bio Hazard!"(bio rifle?)
    "JackHammer!"(hammerthing)
    "Shaft Master!"(linkgun)
    "Gun Slinger!"(enforcer?)
    "Big Game Hunter!"(killing vehicles on foot?)
    "Blue Streak!"(stinger/minigun thing)
    "Rocket Scientist!"(rocketlauncher? hehe)
    ----------
    also a refrence to a "scorpion self destruction"
    Code:
    UTDmgType_ScorpionSelfDestruct
    looking in another file there is another part to it
    ScorpionSelfDestruct=Scorpion Self-Destruct
    and
    ViperSelfDestruct=Viper Self-Destruct
    (they even have death messenges
    ----------
    it seems that online you can besides host/join/quick game there is a 4th option with a description of
    "Create a party so you and your friends can play multiplayer games together."
    ----------
    and finally for now the campain........well i wont spoil what i found out about it from this file in the utgame folder

EDIT: added to this i found the subtitles for the campain......pm if you want where to find said subtitles
    -----------
    there is a collectable card game in UT3, now you can play YU GE OAH!
    just kidding pm for information about these card things
    ----------
    Found map descriptions
    and well.....i'll pm to people if they want like the script and other stuff hehe

lets see here, what else can i find? hehe
    will update if anything new....what you guys think of these stuff?

pretty interesting. Ofcourse, it could just be failed ideas/early plans that didnt pan out, but made it into a playable version. The first 4 things.. i think i heard them mentioned in an interview, that had to do with warfare.. not 100% sure tho

Comment

survival is Like LMS Ive heard

Comment

Survivial: Sounds a lot like invasion, but not with monsters just regular bots, better IMO. It'll give you more practice against the regular AI whilst having a Human vs PC wave after wave until they reach godlike and whoop you kind of thing.

Slow Field Generator: I Read about the slow field generator, that seems like a very cool idea, it'll certainly make things more interesting.

Spider Mine Trap: I hate spider mines, but the idea of a more rare pick up to strictly defend one node or flag makes me much happier.

Deployable Energy shield: I guess it would depends on how often you get it or if its just a special pick up like I'm guessing the Spider Mine trap is, it would certainly help in many an occasion and it'll make all the shield gun lovers very satisfied.

Shaped Charge Det Pack: Not much of an idea other then a Bomb, which would only be useful in Warfare, I think (Or booby trapping vehicles...(Hehe.. I typed booby).)

Side Note: Ive gotten Blue Streak many a time while killing vehicles with the stinger.

Comment

i made some more additions....i am looking through another file at the momment

also there is a TON of warfare maps....it is like 20+ i think in the list in the file i was looking in hehe

anyway back to the hunt

also has anyone managed to summon the scavenger without the game shutting down?

EDIT: OMG i found the script for the campain...i think everything they say in it i found the folder too o_O

teehee if you want to see it i can tell you where to find it but i am not giving it out to anyone who dont want to spoil it

Comment

"If you're not into metal, you are not my friend" - Manowar
            awesome song!
            'May your sword stay wet, like a young girl in her prime' - Manowar - Hail and Kill

On topic:
            thanks for not openly saying spoilers for the single player game!
            Blue streak is for many kills with the stinger (it has a blue trail). I haven't had gun slinger yet, but it could be for alt fire of the stinger, or possibly for enforcers?

Jackhammer - Impact Hammer

apart from that I think you're right.

Comment

Don't need to dig around in the folders for most of that. Go to community > friends > stats and check the weapon and vehicle stuff. Lists the various levi turrets and ways you can be killed.

Comment

hehe who would do that?

anyway all the files in the folder i was looking in is out....i think i have depleted all i can find though....enjoy these little tidbits and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David View Post
                  also a refrence to a "scorpion self destruction"
                  Code:
                  UTDmgType_ScorpionSelfDestruct
                  looking in another file there is another part to it
                  ScorpionSelfDestruct=Scorpion Self-Destruct
                  and
                  ViperSelfDestruct=Viper Self-Destruct
                  (they even have death messenges
                  ----------
                  it seems that online you can besides host/join/quick game there is a 4th option with a description of
                  "Create a party so you and your friends can play multiplayer games together."
                  ----------
                  There is a refrence to a "GameCard" and so far it looks like addons or something...i cant be certain but it looks interesting (and i think its an ingame thing not a pay something thing)
                  Awesome stuff man, a lot of this is news to me. Assuming its included in the final release...

Thnx for not revealing spoilers as well, that wouldve really sucked. You sir are a trooper.

Yeah theres that GameSpy gamecard thing or something, there was a post about it around here....yeah the whole match making and party system is going to be great. A lot of these ideas originated on the consoles and are being implemented onto many games, including PC games.

I wonder if you hijack a Scorpion/Viper if you can cancel the self destruction... Interesting indeed.

Comment

i found out the reason for the cards......i wont tell it unless in pm BUT

it is not something you pay for...its an in game thing

and may i say it looks like a really fun addition

Comment

The scorp suicide feature is in the beta, does about 700 damage, tried it myself in a instant action match sans bots, drove the scorp into the tank and switched teams, entered the tank and it had 98hp, it has 800 from the start, I'm guessing the 2 damage was from some falling parts.

Shoot your gun after ejecting or shoot 2-3 scorp balls and ram the tank and it's destroyed, ram the hellbender (600hp) and it's dead, dunno if you can ram the Darkwalker, it's legs doesn't take damage from gunfire.

Comment

If you blow up a scorp in mid suicide you get a Denied award.

Comment

how you do suicide? boost into an enemy?

Comment

Yes boost (space) and enter/exit vehicle while boosting, it's shown on the screen bottom middle, you're ejected like a fighter pilot out the top making a huge jump, fun to shoot while in the air.

Originally posted by D2F[Rob] View Post
                            If you blow up a scorp in mid suicide you get a Denied award.
                            Had that a couple of times, the guy that ejects also hears "DENIED" same as the guy who failed to use the deemer or the guy that has the flag and gets killed close to own flag.

Comment

GREAT post... thanks for all the infomation you found while digging in the ini/config files.. i personally will wait till the full game as i'd like to have "some" supprises left for me lol.. but nicely done, good findings Sarge-David

Comment

Working...
                              X