Setting of Unreal Tournament 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting of Unreal Tournament 3

I know this is a pretty stupid question but what year is Unreat Tournament 3 set in?

If you do not have an exact date then would it be possible to tell me what years the other Unreal Tournament's were set in?

Again if still no idea and you have the urge to post then please put Possibilty at the very start of your post.

Thank you very much =]

With love... Me

"Possibilty" Well it has Malcolm in it and he looks older (40-50) so I guess it's some time after UT2004.

Comment

some time after 2341

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        some time after 2341
        How do we know that again? Last I saw from the original UT timeline was:

2303 The most anticipated tournament ever takes place, with three former champions (Xan, Malcolm, and Gorge) each captaining a team. Vehicles are introduced to Tournament combat. The Hellions, eager to prove themselves as mercenaries for hire, enter the Tournament in hopes of securing new contracts. Xan has received upgrades and is deadlier than ever. He is also backed by a team of combat droids from LBX-7683. An updated Sniper Rifle is added to the weapon roster, along with several other weapons designed for the larger outdoor combat environments of the new Onslaught and returning Assault events.

Though the 2341 year sounds familiar somehow. I know there was a UT2341 site, I think, at one point.

Comment

was in the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
            How do we know that again? Last I saw from the original UT timeline was:

2303 The most anticipated tournament ever takes place, with three former champions (Xan, Malcolm, and Gorge) each captaining a team.
            Gorge wasn't in the Original UT.

Comment

the original opening cinematic dialogue:

In 2291, in an attempt to control violence among deep space miners, the New Earth Government legalized no-holds-bared fighting. Liandri Mining Corporation, working with the NEG, established a series of leagues and bloody public exhibitions. The fight's popularity grew with their brutality. Soon, Liandri discovered that the public matches were their most profitable enterprise. The professional league was formed; a cabal of the most violent and skilled warriors in known space, selected to fight in a Grand Tournament. Now it is 2341. 50 years have passed since founding of DeathMatch. Profits from the Tournament number in the hundreds of billions. You have been selected to fight in the professional league by the Liandri Rules Board. Your strength and brutality are legendary. The time has come to prove you are the best. To crush your enemies; to win the Tournament.
              so ut99 was set in 2341.

Comment

wait:

UT3=2291,
                UT2004=2303?
                UT99=2341

Comment

2k4 = 2362

It's the year 2362. The most anticipated Tournament ever is about to take place, dwarfing the spectacle and drama of previous events. The finest competitors ever assembled prepare to lay waste to their opponents and claim the Tournament Trophy for themselves
                  source

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
                    wait:

UT3=2291,
                    UT2004=2303?
                    UT99=2341
                    NO in the UT3 trailer the war happend after 2341.
                    without quoting the who thing.. in 2291.... after 50 years... then the war came DRRRR think about it

Comment

NO in the UT3 trailer the war happend after 2341.
                      without quoting the who thing.. in 2291.... after 50 years... then the war came DRRRR think about it
                      ok.
                      revised dates:

UT99 - 2341
                      2k4 - 2362
                      UT3 - 2391

Comment

not quite...

the ut3 trailer opens with part of the ut99 opener which has the two dates 2291 and 2341. 2341 is 50 years after 2291. unless there is more information the best we can come up with is as bazzwano originally stated and is stated in the ut3 trailer - sometime after 2341. the wording would seem to imply it would come near to 2341, but there is no certainty as no date is stated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MYZDQ0d0vk

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                          not quite...

the ut3 trailer opens with part of the ut99 opener which has the two dates 2291 and 2341. 2341 is 50 years after 2291. unless there is more information the best we can come up with is as bazzwano originally stated and is stated in the ut3 trailer - sometime after 2341. the wording would seem to imply it would come near to 2341, but there is no certainty as no date is stated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MYZDQ0d0vk
                          Thanks for that.. yes I didnt say it was exact but thats the closest date we can get at this point

Comment

oh well, as long as I'm not quizzed on the dates to play the game I'll be sweet.

Comment

Working...
                            X