Huge confusion about factions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well in UT2004 you can still play without all bonus stuff, you just can't join servers that have that map running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't like the idea of paying for bonus packs or expansions for this sort of on-line game because it means either A) those that pay can't play with those that don't because the new content alters gameplay, or B) they can play together because the new content is purely cosmetic, in which case I can't see it being worth paying for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well hopefully your right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea thats what im starting to think too actually krill... i think the pay for SOME downloads will probably be for the console goers.... not on the PC platform... things have always been free from epic i dont see why they would change now... but was kinda supprised when i heard that in the interview, but i do think hes talking more about the PS3 then the PC version at the time, but thought i'd post my findings either way.

edit: spelling was crappy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont think bonus content for UT3 will cost money, just look at ECE for UT2k4, it was a free download, unless you wanted to buy the ECE version. EA and Microsoft are notorious at taking peoples money, no mater how good the product is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's sad that epic is starting to do it since mark rein is constantly talking about supporting there games with free content.
    I like the way it was -
    patches to fix any minor problems/conflicts, etc... free
    bonus packs for new maps/characters if the maker wants to... free
    expansion packs for new maps/weapons/vehicles/characters/stories/quests, etc - costs less than a normal game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im fine with paying for download content as long as its respectable. New Gametype, Maps included and a new team would be a good example. Or they could just release an expansion sometime next year and have us pay $50 for a ton of things, maybe even a cool side story with the Gen Mo Kai and Skaarj (example, note to self: insert in future wishlist). They work hard for this content and deserve to make money off it. Id pay quite a bit for this game, seeing as it would save me money by not being another boring game with no lasting appeal. UT3s lasting appeal, much like UT4 and UT will probably last for years. that was off topic...

Werent the Twin Souls representing the Izanagi?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VACkillers: Epic has always been very generous with free content, I doubt they would make us pay for something as small as that, I think he meant on 360 since you have to pay for anything on there, Epic wanted to release a lot of GoW content for free on the 360 but Microsoft demanded that it would cost points, and ofc they wanted a cut.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by K!llum!nat! View Post
    Sad that you have to pay for updates nowadays..
    I don't really mind paying for new content in other games, but it's sad that epic is starting to do it since mark rein is constantly talking about supporting there games with free content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sad that you have to pay for updates nowadays..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    paid DL content mentioned here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqp0PyzthdE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the skarrj might make a return in some kind of paid downloadable content, in the form/equivilant to the BF2 booster packs. (NOT bonus packs). Just a hint on a interview where he was asked if there would be aditional content that you can download, and was asked if it would be free.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks krill3, that pritty much clears it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    they havent been in any ut yet so their story is about to be fleshed out (well there were axon mining colonies in other games)

the skarrj are gone in this one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Izanagi is a cooperation that seems to focus most of it's efforts into military research. They made the Ion Tank. "Well trained. Some live by the old Samurai code. Others are just in it for the action. "
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Izanagi

Axon are the premier manufacturer of combat hardware and vehicles, all non Necris vehicles are Axon
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Axon

Here is the Liandri Archives portion about the UT3 teams.
    • Ronin The only survivors of the infamous Twin Souls massacre, bound together out of a sense of duty, honor, and revenge.
    • Iron Guard A group of highly skilled and well trained mercenaries, experts in virtually any combat scenario.
    • Krall The Necris use these formidable reptilian beasts for the pacification of newly conquered planets.
    • Necris The secretive Phayder Corporation developed the Necris process to produce this elite group of assassins.
    • Liandri Combat modified versions of the Liandri Mining Corporation's world-class security drones.
    And the list on the same place of the characters we know of in each team.

Iron GuardKrallNecrisLiandri / The CorruptIzanagi / RoninAdditional characters

Leave a comment:

Working...
X