No announcement yet.

Can i play UT3 with a gamepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I agree that the Mouse and keyboard would be the best choice, it might not be the best choice for some. Some people are very adapted to playing on consoles and in order to enjoy UT to its fullest they'd like to play on a PC. Yes you should be able to play with a gamepad, might have to configure it properly though. Who knows, might surprise some, there are people with keyboards and mice that are terrible players. I'm sure with some skill you can easily out shine many. As far as competetive games go... wish ya luck there.

Comment

Originally posted by GRD.DestroyerGR View Post
      Sure. Buy a PS3.

Comment

I agree with Ultron, gamepad/joystick would be fun in some vehicles (Battlefield style) though most vehicles will have more accurate aim with a mouse.

Comment

Mouse (Logitech G7) + Keyboard (Any) = Owned (Everyone)

Comment

The Atari 2600 stick and single button will do fine!

Comment

Is gamepad/mouse possible?

I've always been kind of curious as to how well that would work, as it would combine the aim of a mouse with analogue movement.

Comment

yes gamepad for movement/get in and out of vehicle/crouch/jump and hoverboard and mouse for look/fire/altfire. It works pretty well. U have to edit the .ini files to do it. I cant remember what the original post was but you just had to copy/paste some code and thats it. In that code I couldnt help but notice that the code is already written for the 360 controller, but its not enabled. It should work in the full version. About 90% of the games coming out on the PC now are supporting the wired 360 controller and kb/m. It works in some games well and other games are better on kb/m. Totally up to the user.

Comment

the inis has a lot of stuff about gamepad this gamepad that, dunno if that's for the PS3 version or not though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
                    You could (there are some threads about that, use the search function), but why should you? The bots already own pretty hard and experienced players are way more challenging than the AI. So why do you want to put yourself at an unneccessary disadvantage?
                    I'm gonna try if it's possible, I love challenges

Comment

Originally posted by GRD.DestroyerGR View Post
                      See these two threads and you will have full gamepad/game controller support...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=%5Bworking%5D

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...light=joystick

Comment

Working...
                      X