• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i play UT3 with a gamepad?

why? lol.. mouse+keys is the best method for fps games, period

Comment

You could (there are some threads about that, use the search function), but why should you? The bots already own pretty hard and experienced players are way more challenging than the AI. So why do you want to put yourself at an unneccessary disadvantage?

Comment

Originally posted by eckz View Post
        why? lol.. mouse+keys is the best method for fps games, period
        my thoughts exactly

Comment

yeah, mouse and keys = pwnage

Comment

If you can find a gamepad that has about 18 non-directional buttons...

Comment

You can use a gamepad for ANY Unreal game. The only question is: Will it actually be more fun than the combination of mouse and keyboard?

Comment

If getting your *** handed to you consistently = fun, then yeah.

Comment

Typically this forum.. someone asks a question and people react to it like this.
                  To the OP, yes it is possible. Try to use the Search function for these kind of questions.

Comment

Yeah, he just asked if it can be played with a gamepad. He didn't ask if it would be fun, advantageous, better, etc. For all you know, he might be interested in making a top-down classic shooter mod in the style of the overhead Contra levels where testing with a gamepad is his desire. This is just one example from a set of many.

Comment

You can always rely on the elitists to jump down someones throat. What does it matter how someone else wants to play the game? Not like it affects you. Ever thought they might find a keyboard and mouse uncomfortable to use for gaming?

Comment

Since EPIC have already worked out systems to play the game on the PS3 and the XBOX 360, I would hope that they would allow people to play on the PC with a controller. It wouldn't make very much extra work for them.

I'd be interested in trying it anyway, just to see for myself.

Comment

I think some of the vehicles would be fun with a gamepad. And I hear the Nemesis might actually be better using one. I've summoned 10 different vehicles and I have no problems using my trusty old keyboard and mouse, however I can see how some vehicles would play just find with a controller.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't play competitively with a gamepad, but I would have a lot of fun occasionally playing on average difficulty with auto-aim and my 360 controller. =P

Comment

Originally posted by GRD.DestroyerGR View Post
                              If you want to get your *** owned single-handedly, go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X