New DirectX released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's not a new DirectX, it's the same version of 9.0C that's been around for ages. They periodically update the redistributable for developers. This has nothing for end users.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's same direct x , just a few files updated ... Win XP user....no performance drops.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just downloaded, thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You tried the new direct X and the performance DROPS?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried it for kiks on a mirror partition and performance has dipped about 15-18%...I don't recommend installing unless you are doing so on a COPY of your main partition.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spinner187 View Post
    The new forceware driver is a beta. I guess i give it a try

*5 minutes later* Ah hell its for XP. Dam it
    There are vista drivers there too (169.01), I have them both installed on my dual boot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the newest Forceware driver is all about Crysis. I doubt it has much to do with UT3. There are new video cards and new games coming out in the next few weeks, so we need to wait for some real benchmarks and reviews.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new forceware driver is a beta. I guess i give it a try

*5 minutes later* Ah hell its for XP. Dam it

Leave a comment:

• started a topic New DirectX released

New DirectX released

I'm not sure what performance impact this will have on the demo, but it's worth a shot:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Also, many of you probably also know that nVidia released new Forceware drivers today as well (169.01), but I suspect they're mostly for Crysis as the release notes are strangely absent...
Working...
X