Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Best Gaming Headset?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATH A900 are by far the best headphones mentioned in this thread.

Comment

I bought a nice pair of Koss headphones (this is my 5th pair of headphones from different manufacturers) and they died. Every pair died from poor wires, so I plan on getting some 8 gage wire and soldering them in. That should fix that shat..

Comment

Originally posted by Discord View Post
        ATH A900 are by far the best headphones mentioned in this thread.
        I hear those need a decent amp to really shine. But yeah, amazing gaming headphones by all accounts.

Comment

CaptainZap: not hard to solder em up again.

Comment

Originally posted by AFG34 View Post
            QFFT

sennheiser 280s are nothing compared to these
            save yourself time and just buy these straight up, don't try anything else.
            If money is an issue, try the a700 instead.
            Actually, I was referring to the HD650s: http://www.sennheiser.ca/main.php?node=ct_01&pro=106 and the PCX450s: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...50/EN/open.htm ...about 5 times the price of the 280 pros...

Comment

Don't bother with crappy "pro gaming" headsets. Sennheiser HD280's are decent, but the sound is very lifeless (they're meant for sound studio/DJ work).

I have a pair of Ultrasone HFI700's. The shape is pretty much the same as the Sennheiser HD280's, but they're far more comfortable (they're deeper, and the cussions are softer) and the sound is much much better. The bass is deep, the high frequencies are crisp and clear, and the soundstage is awesome. They also have some kind of S-logic sound positioning, but it's hard to tell. Anyway, they're great for gaming because they're closed headphones and isolate pretty well, and the 3D sound experience is excellent. It's very easy to tell where the sound is coming from in FPS games.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                Don't bother with crappy "pro gaming" headsets. Sennheiser HD280's are decent, but the sound is very lifeless (they're meant for sound studio/DJ work).

I have a pair of Ultrasone HFI700's. The shape is pretty much the same as the Sennheiser HD280's, but they're far more comfortable (they're deeper, and the cussions are softer) and the sound is much much better. The bass is deep, the high frequencies are crisp and clear, and the soundstage is awesome. They also have some kind of S-logic sound positioning, but it's hard to tell. Anyway, they're great for gaming because they're closed headphones and isolate pretty well, and the 3D sound experience is excellent. It's very easy to tell where the sound is coming from in FPS games.
                What soundcard do you have?

Comment

Creative X-Fi. Connect it to the front panel headset output.

For music I still prefer my stereo, but good quality MP3's (192 kb/s+) really sound good with CMSS-3D at 50%.

Comment

Just buy a pair of headphones and a separate mic, you'll get much better audio and enviromental positioning this way.

Comment

The BEST headsets ever must be icemat ones

Comment

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet View Post
                        I hear those need a decent amp to really shine. But yeah, amazing gaming headphones by all accounts.
                        Actually, one of the reasons they are so popular (at least here apparently) is becuase they don't NEED an amp to sound good. Cuts the cost considerably not needing to buy an amp.

Comment

I use the Speed-link Medusa 5.1 headset. If you click the link you will get a review about it. I just got it a few days ago but i like it a lot and its pretty cheap compared to other 5.1 headsets.

Comment

Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
                            I have Sennheiser PC150's I think. The 151's are easy to come by and newer. They have excellent quality audio and a very good mic for the price. The cord could be a little beefier, but for sub $40 it is probably one of the better sets out there. The ear pieces are not fully enclosed and rest on your ears which can be a little uncomfortable at first or after several hours. But you should probably take a break by then anyway
                            Same here. Tip from Flak: if they hurt your ears, put 'm over a subwoofer for a while.

Comment

audio technica a-900
                              best GamminG headphones for that price range

also beyerdynamic dt770

Comment

Sennheiser pc150. Been using that serie for 4 years now, and there arent any other (under 150 euro) headsets that can please me more.

Though i have tried this 5.1 surround sound headset from pioneer once, pretty kewl (way too expensive )

Comment

Working...
                                X