HDD: WD 250GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA2 AAJS
    DVDRW: LG GSA-H44N DVDRW X18 DUAL LAYER BLACK/WHITE
    GPU: BFG GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCI-E OC2 VERSION
    Case: NZXT LEXA BLACKLINE NO PSU
    CPU Cooler: Scythe "NINJA PLUS Rev.B" 6Heat Pipes CPU Cooler

High FPS?

your FPS will be fine with this rig

Comment

PSU doesn't cut the mustard, get a 600w+ and wait a few weeks until the 8800gt comes out, it's cheaper and better than the gts320/640

You got the same case and cpu as me.

I got the 320 myself, bought it some time ago (before 8800gt was announced, grr) and about the same stuff except a 730w PSU (overkill, but my last rig fried on me from a lack of power) and I get really good FPS in the demo, steady 60 with vsync and smooth framerate on, 100~ without.

Comment

I would buy the GT if I haven't already order this one
        Now that the GT is out being better and all, I'm checking if I can exchange that with the GTS, because I already placed an order and they ordered it already (I live in Israel so they bought it overseas).

I Hope to hell that I can get my hands on one.
        If not - This one will do, Thanks Krill.

Comment

I seriously doubt you PC will boot with that PSU. Good luck though.

Comment

I don't know where you got that bad PSUs. My 450W chieftec runs my rig which is slighty better than the OP's just perfectly. From my experiences, you should be fine with that 500W.

Comment

Originally posted by TastyCool View Post
              I don't know where you got that bad PSUs, because my 450w chieftec runs my rig which is slighty better than the OP's just perfectly. From my experiences, you should be fine with that 500w.
              It all comes down to the PSU, the bulk of 500w PSUs can't even boot that rig, it all depends on how much power is in each rail.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                It all comes down to the PSU, the bulk of 500w PSUs can't even boot that rig, it all depends on how much power is in each rail.
                I have the same graphics card, overclocked and an AMD X2 6000+ overclocked with an M2N32-SLIDELUXE mobo in there. It boots just fine with a 500W PSU. I've even had 4? fans going at once too.

Comment

@Tastycool and thread starter: It may *run* with that lower end psu but that in no way justifies it. Youre putting an extra strain on the rails and could easily cut short the lifespan of it, or kill it completely under load and with high temps. Serious performance demands serious power, and nothing but the best is all I would ever reccomend. PC Power & Cooling is your friend.

Comment

If you can boot that with 500W depends on the brand. And the brand mentioned is good enough for this rig with 500W, no doubt.

Comment

You should be able to boot up with that PSU although if your games crash and you get a message come up saying "Windows Delayed Write Failed" or your PC just simple crashes (and your PSU is hot) or you can smell burning.

Then you would need a more powerful PSU lol.

When I got me 8800 GTS 640MB I managed to blow a 600W PSU so look at about 700W I would say.

Just depends on how much power the rest of your PC uses.

Comment

Go for a better and faster hard disk too. Western Digital 750 GB disks seem to be very good

Comment

Im running 520 watt psu and I have 2 dvd-r drives, 3 hdd (1-40gig, 1-80gig, 1 74gig WD 10000rpm) a 1950gt 512m vid card, a 4800+am2 (2.5ghz duel) and I have no problems. If I ever decide to get a second vid card then I need atleast a 650-700watt power supply. This is probaly the case for you to.

Comment

Actually you can have 2 PSUs and offload part of the system to the other one, there are really small once that are 200w~ that's meant for shuttles and other small systems that are cooled fine with just air around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                              Go for a better and faster hard disk too. Western Digital 750 GB disks seem to be very good
                              the new seagate 11, 1 TB is a really good drive for about 200 euros. it will be the fastest 7200 drive on the market

Comment

Working...
                              X