Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows "Error": Not the patch error, but a different one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows "Error": Not the patch error, but a different one?

I just downloaded the demo for UT3, and am getting a " Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. I tried the patch, but don't think that's my problem since I'm running 32 bit XP. My computers specs are very unimpressive: 1gb ram, Nvidia mx 440, onboard (I hate to even write it), etc. etc., but I've heard this game is pretty forgiving as far as letting you play it, even if it looks crappy because of your 10 year old junk video card, however, this seems to be a different issue. I'm using Avast! Antivirus, and sygate firewall as well, if that matters. I heard something about it not working with Avast, but couldn't find anything substantial, so that's why I'm here. If you could help me out, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Hello again, I have tried changing the "initialize shader code" to true as it says to do but it still isn't working: Quote: "Okay I have more than enough logs on the Kernel32.dll crash, thanks guys. We're looking into it. Can you try this potential workaround:

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
    Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
    to
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Edit:*RESTART BEFORE TRYING TO RUN THE DEMO AGAIN*

Does it still crash?, but it still isn't working".

I get this exact error when trying to use the game. I have never once gotten any farther than this error: "UT3Demo.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something...." I also get some further reports saying things about: C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\b055_appcompat.txt ,

And and error signature of:
    AppName: ut3demo.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 Offset: 00012a5b

If you have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you are still unable to run the game please look through this post, follow the instructions and submit your system specs/logs and we will try to help you out.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...65&postcount=1

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X